ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

************************************

-Recap-

"Finally for my last requestion, please do look after Rengoku. He is very much dear to me, and for now I shall leave."

"As you wish Y/n and I am glad you have joined us."

************************************

ᴀ ᴘɪʟʟᴀʀ'ꜱ ᴀɴɢᴇʀ 

Waking up to a quiet and familiar medical room, Rengoku rubbed his own head as he sat up tiredly. "What.."

"You are required to attend a hashira meeting immediately" Comforted Shinobu as she walking into the room checking the injured man. 

"Wait where is Y/n?" Questioned Kyojuro confused as he had expected the girl to be somewhere in the room or atleast be able to sense the female's presence close by. 

Followed the by the male's questions, Shinobu could only fall silent and stare at the slayer unable to speak a single word. 

"What is it?" Asked Rengoku again as he grabbed onto Shinobu's arm shaking the girl.

"Uh..erm you'll be able to see Y/n-san during the meeting" Quickly answered Kocho as she left in a hurry. "Just remember to hurry up."

"Weird" Muttered Rengoku as he sat on the bed extremely confused by his situation and Shinobu's reactions. Putting on his own haori, the hashira walked out of the room and slowly made his way towards the Ubuyashiki Estate awaiting for the news.

-

"Ah Tomioka-san!! How have you been!" Smiled the flame pillar brightly as he slammed his hand on the poor male's back. 

"Urgh.. Well." Replied Giyuu swiftly as he took a small step away from the slayer to avoid the man's bright energy. 

"Is everyone here..." Questioned Mitsuri as sat with Iguro feeling as if something bad will happen very soon. Brushing her hands against her own hair she continued to think positively despite the awkward feeling. 

"The master is here!" Shouted a Kakushi as the doors of the estate were opened wide. In walked a blind man with a fair lady supporting him. 

"My children. I have some... unpleasant news." Announced Kagaya as he was sat ontop of a stage under the sun.

"I'm sure it is going to be flamboyant!" Shouted Uzui as he attempted to lift the mood, however he only received Shinobu's glare. "What! Again?! Come on guys...okay fine. I'll just shut up."

"Yesterday, Y/n was turned into a demon and she had attacked a human. As a result, Sanemi and Gyomei were forced to cut her down." Spoke Ubuyashiki as he could only rub his own wrists awaiting for the angry outbursts he would receive.

However everything was followed by a very long pause. 

A deadly silence.

As many would say...

Calm before the storm.