01

Third POV

"How was school?" Xavier asks when his sister gets into the car.

Elisa throws her bag into the back of the car and closes the door once she's sitting in her seat. She buckles her seatbelt in and turns to look at her brother with a glare on her face.

"C'mon Ellie, that bad?" Xavier chuckles upon seeing her expression.

"Worse." she rolls her eyes while he starts the car.

"I saw that."

"If you don't want me to roll my eyes don't make me go to school." she shrugs, slightly shrinking into her seat when her brother looks at her with a raised eyebrow and a face void of all emotions. Why does he have to be so scary?

"You know that you have to go to school. I can't do anything about it."

"You can let me stay at home. I could spend some quality time with my brothers." she argues

"Quality time? The last time you spent quality time with our brothers I came home to the sight of a firetruck in our driveway. You four are never going to spend quality time on your own ever again." Xavier shakes his head at the memory. When he saw the firetruck he thought the house burned down or his sister was stuck in the burning house and the ambulance would come any moment. In that moment, his heart truly stopped beating once again. He only remotely calmed down when he saw his sister sitting on the couch without any visible injuries. His calm state only lasted so long though because his brothers guilty expressions told him everything he needed to know.

"That's unfair, Xavi. It wasn't my fault that Kam almost burned the house to the ground because he doesn't know how to cook."

"I'm not saying that it was your fault. I'm just saying that I would feel better about you not being alone when you spend time with them."

"But they're my brothers, Xavi. It's not fair to them when we spend time together alone but I can't spend time with them on my own."

"They'll live." Xavier shrugs and pulls the car into the driveway. He shuts it off, unbuckles his seatbelt and gets out of the car. He walks around the car, opens the back door to retrieve his sisters bag and then opens her door. "Come on." He says and waits until she's out of the car before he locks it. He takes the key for the house out of his pocket and unlocks the front door. It slams shut behind his sister which alerts the others that they are home.

"Fuck." Kam says when he sees his sister taking her shoes off in the doorway. His older brother is glaring at him and he quickly hides the freshly lit cigarette behind his back.

"Put it out." Xavier quietly tells him when he walks past him. He walks into the living room where the twins are on the couch, both also smoking. "What about no smoking inside or around our sister do you three not understand?"

"She's not here right now." Ian shrugs.

Xavier goes to stand over his two younger brothers at that and rips the cigarettes out of their hands. He puts them out and glares at the twins. "She's in the hallway."

"Could have said that sooner." Ian murmurs under his breath and hides the cigarettes just in time for his sister and Kamran to join them in the living room.