03

Third PoV

"Get off me." Elisa pushes her brother's body away from her the next morning. Her body let her know that it was time to wake up and a look at the clock confirmed this.

"What?" Kamran groggily asks, retracting his arm back towards his body and scooting away from his sister. Elisa gratefully thanks him and gets out of his bed.

"What are you doing?" The youngest brother asks. His hand reaches out to turn the light on and once he's accustomed to it, confusion lights up his face at her action.

"I have to get ready for school." She sighs. Her own blanket is laying on top of her shoulders while she's laying her brother's blanket properly down on the bed.

"I thought you don't want to go?"

"I don't. But if I don't get ready, the others won't even bother letting me explain why I need to stay at home for the day." Elisa explains and walks towards the door. The hallway light fully illustrates the room when the door is opened and Kamran lays back down, covering his eyes with an arm.

"Hmm. Go and make some breakfast afterwards?" He murmurs. "Maybe." She answers and shuts the door behind her.

Opposite of the door, leaning against a wall in the hallway is Spencer, "you're supposed to sleep in your own room."

Elisa violently flinches and lets her blanket fall to the floor. "I tried to." She tells him once she calmed down and picks her blanket up.

"Should have come to me when you realized you couldn't. I'm better at offering comfort than Kamran." Spencer chuckles at the mere thought of his younger brother comforting their little sister.

"He's not that bad, Spence. And I didn't need comfort." Elisa defends herself. With her back turned towards her brother, she is even brave enough to roll her eyes and mock him.

"Are you sure? I heard I'm pretty good at comforting people." Spencer teases.

"Whoever told you that must have been lying." She quickly shoots back.

"And why is that?"

"No specific reason." She shrugs and walks into her own room. Spencer follows her and leans in her open doorway.

"Is that the best you can come up with?"

"No, Spence. I'm just not in the mood." Elisa sighs while making her bed.

"For what?"

"Everything."

"Is that the right opportunity for me to comfort you?" Spencer fake gasps.

"No. But if you desperately want to comfort someone, go and comfort Ian. I'm sure he needs it considering that he's your twin."

"If you say so," he smirks, "I'll go make breakfast now. Make sure to be quick enough so you can eat with us."

"I will." Elisa promises. Spencer takes one last calculating look at her before nodding to himself and leaving her room. He shuts her door behind him to grant her some privacy and walks down into the kitchen.