Chapter 3 - It's time for you to shut up, novice girl.

***

The next morning, it was quite difficult for me to get out of bed because of a headache after yesterday's party. But it got even worse for me when the puzzle came together in small pieces in my head and laid out the whole picture of the evening for me. Damn Rafe Cameron, why did I even interact with him? Selfish idiot. I drank water and went to help my parents with work, as I did every day. Later, Sarah and Kie showed up at the door.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Kie asked.

"I'm helping my parents, they need to remove all the boards that are not dry after drawing before the start of the storm. Have you heard of the storm?" I replied.

"Yes, that's why we wanted to catch a couple of waves now, are you with us?" Sarah asked.

"I'll probably stay at home." I said.

I noticed John B's van a long time ago. It's so stupid that the guys specifically sent Kie and Sarah to me, knowing that I'm not mad at them, since they definitely didn't start a fight from nothing yesterday when we were supposed to keep a low profile. I think that in my gaze directed at the car, you could see what thoughts were stuck in my head.

"Don't be mad at them." Kie came up to me and put her arm around my shoulder, "They don't do it purposely, you know." The girl answered with a grin.

"Yes, I'm aware ... but it just pissed me off that Rafe had taken it out on me."

"Oh gods, don't you worry about it, don't even think about him, he always behaved like this with pogues, what can I say, a kook." Sarah encouraged.

"Kook, but also your brother." I looked at the girl inquiringly, not understanding why she spoke such things about her brother.

"A brother or not a brother, he is still an idiot. As a child, he was a role model for me, and now ..." the girl said sadly, "but yesterday he protected me from Topper, I still can't believe it." Sarah said.

"Okay, let's go." Kie said with a sigh, and we went to the raging ocean. The guys immediately began to cheer me up, and smiling, we set off.

"Hey, you're mad at me, aren't you?" JJ asked quietly as we sat in one of the back seats of John B's twinkie.

"No, it's okay, honestly, I was just stupid that I even listened to that jerk." I answered without understanding why I was so worried about this situation, but in any case, I was probably aware that now I hated him with all my heart.

"Well, well," JJ said, focusing his eyes on the window, "but you're right, you shouldn't have listened to him, don't mess with him at all," the guy said after which he was exactly focused on the view from the car window.

"What are you whispering about?" Pope asked, leaning closer to me.

"About yesterday, it's cool that we kept a low profile, right?" I asked, looking at him.

"Well... we're sorry." answered the guy. Pope, there's nothing to say, if he's apologizing, then the first and for all of them.

"Don't worry, it's okay. What is there, by the way, about the boat that you found?" I asked, changing to one of the recently discussed topics.

"Greedy White? Well, John B and I went to the motel in the morning, the key to which was in this boat ..." answered JJ.

"Well? And what was there?" I asked impatiently.

"That's it!" Replies JJ and unexpectedly for all of us pulls out a gun.

"How do you have it?!" Pope shouts in panic.

"Always useful, my little friend," exclaims JJ.

"What the hell is JJ?" Kie turns to him with a puzzled look.