Chapter 8 - I don't need anything from you.

POV: Rafe.

I didn't know what was happening to me. This girl, whom I recently called the "novice girl" just to annoy her, to see her suffering, now seemed thoroughly different. Since the first time she said something about my dad, I wanted to ruin her life, to see her suffer. But now, when I saw her with bruises, when she actually suffered, something in me changed in relation to her. I didn't mean to offend her, to humiliate her. All I wanted now was to protect her. Although I didn't know who dared to touch her, I already wanted to find this person.

I went to the Cut, speeding up on my bike. Almost on the outskirts of the south side of the island, I notice a familiar house barely standing on the ground. A pile of trash and crumbling walls signal that I was in the right place. Leaving the bike, I went inside the house, immediately tasting the familiar smell.

—Barry, are you there?-I asked, looking around the house.

—Oh, who came to visit, what do you need, Rafe? Again, for a dose? You came a couple of days ago.-the guy asked, leaving the room.

—No, I'm on another shit, —I answered, sitting on the sofa, —Could you lend me some money? — I asked. I knew that it was my fault for Selina's current mess, so I decided for myself that I would pay the amount of her restitution and finally get her out of my head.

—How much?-Barry asked.

—Well, $27,000.- I replied, looking up at him.

—Buddy, you seem to have mixed up part of the island. — He answered, laughing.

—Barry, I'm serious, I really need it. I will return it to you soon, it's just that my father is in the Bahamas now. — I said, moving closer.

—Wait, don't panic. Have you got into a trouble?-he asked.

—Not me, but this is for the cops,-I said, rubbing my chin, -Do you want me to sell your goods again, you saw the income from the last party. And then I will return the entire amount, in a week, for sure. — I said.

— 3 days, no more. I have a delivery soon, I will need $30,000. Now I have only $25000 and the rest of the goods, you sell, the money is yours. But I will wait for the full amount in exactly 3 days, is everything clear to you? — he asked, then and doing that, pacing the room.

—Yes, yes, thank you. — I said, getting up from the sofa.

—Hold on,-the guy said, finally stopping in the middle of the room, if I find out that you even lay a finger on my goods, I will find you and your dad won't help you no more,-he said pointing his finger at me.

—Yes, I understand. —I answer nervously.

After a couple of minutes, Barry brings out a wad of money and a packet of powder. I reach out my hand to take what he was holding. The guy gives it to me, but doesn't remove his hand.

—You see, Rafe, I'm giving you this because I've known you for a long time, and you brought in a good income that time.-After which the drug dealer finally lets go of his hand, allowing me to take what I need.

Nodding in response, I drove home.

Having quickly passed the distance to the house, I parked the motorcycle and entered the house. I went up to the second floor and entered my sister's room.

—Rafe? Damn, have you tried knocking?-she asked while sitting on the bed and looking at some kind of map.

—Is your friend going to the midsummers tomorrow?-I asked, putting my hands in my pockets.

—Are you talking about Selina? What's your business? Why the hell did you turn her in to the cops?-she asked, putting the map down and getting out of bed.