Part 7: Pursuit/Chased (500 Views Milestone)

4:01 PM 

Back up the corner, your helmet making soft scraping sounds as you turn your head sideways in growing panic as the dragon walking towards you, more slowly as if the fear inside you was salt and spices and the dragon was merely 'salting the meat'. 

Taking soft, quick and forced breaths, tasting the faint scent of chemically-treated air through the filters, you try to keep a steady grip on the gun, slightly shaking. It was already a bit loose due to the latex gloves, but with the sweat forming underneath, it felt more looser and heavier in your arm now. You still have it aimed at it, albeit from your hip. Not that it would have mattered, considering that thing was made out of something that wasn't flesh and blood, rather, gooey...

You need a plan. Fast.

Stuck in a corner. Only way of escape is a less than 10 second drop of a height no more than 8 storeys. Every second that's passing, you're starting to consider suicide. And that things looking at you hungri-

What-

Having taken another panicked look at the dragon, you saw that it had stopped its walk towards you. Now it's eyeballing you, looking at you in that shocked expression that the eyes and mask did admirably at. Probably for that shock n awe effect.

It if was indeed a shock n awe effect and that thing believed it got you standing still

It thought wrong. Since you have formulated a stupidly desperate plan. One in which is gonna take some gymnastics, luck and good enough reflexes.

Oh, and the lack of the gloves you have.

-

-

-

-

4:00 PM

The dragon slowly walked over towards the human, practically smelling the growing panic emanating from said human. Its head and body still ached from bashing the metal door down but it had to give the human credit for dodging its attacks. But how foolish the human was for weapons such as the one the human had did little considering the nature of itself.

And now, the human would pay for his foolishness soon enough. All it took would be one quick dash, a strong grip and assimilation and it would essentially be set for life. It'd earned the respect of the rest of its kind and it could potentially fly for far more longer and farther away from its home. All the possibilities it could ever dream of, right in front of it.

As it walked over towards the panicking human, now positioned in a corner with the air on his right and the wall behind him, it began to slow its walk. Not out of a predator attempting to satisfy the terror of his prey but rather an epiphany.

It thought about what happened several weeks back. Back at its home. With all the crystals and the Elder Dragon. 

It remembered the other human, back at the tower, the one who had managed to get through its home, every single one of its kind, even converse with the Elder Dragon of all things, and outsmart the 'Wolf King'. 

It remembered how the human struggled to get through everything. The crystals, its own kind - even itself and the myriad of other dangers with virtually nothing at all.

And yet... the human made it through. Against all odds. Although it never knew about what happened in the library. 

Why? To survive. Something that drives humans forwards when everything goes bad. Beyond determination and survival it did not know much more about human drive and emotions but it wished that it could.