Chapter 1

Yeah yeah, a gentle breeze
People that brush past
People that soaks into heart

June 2016. Seoul, South Korea.

It has been a month since school ended and the dreaded up and moving of life had happened. My mom decided that she felt lonely in California. After dad had passed away back in January due to cancer, mom wanted to go back to her home country. We use to come and visit here for a month in summer till dad fell ill with cancer and his treatments became more necessary. Olivia and Oakley use to love going to the park and playing while I enjoyed walking and romanticizing what the area looked like in the fall or in the snow. We would mostly spend time in Seoul but would spend two weeks traveling to see and meet more of mom's family and friends that lived in different areas of South Korea. We went to Busan once to see some of mom's friends and a few times to Daegu where my mom's brother and family lived.

I made a couple of friends there that I was glad that I could actually spend time with now for longer than a month. But also going from living in the US to living in South Korea is going to be a big change. Luckily our mother never wanted us to forget half of our culture. I also applied for college at a few places hoping to become a writer. So I will get to make some new friends. We are living in an apartment complex. Mom has got the younger two, Olivia and Oaks into high school. She also got a job working with her cousin at a hair salon. It was a nice summer day and I decided to walk around the city waiting to hear from my friends. We just moved in so its my first day in Seoul to walk about by myself. I've only been to where my mom and dad would take us. While walking around it seemed as though something exciting and important in the city was happening. A band was having what was called a Festa. I looked at one of the pictures I heard girls talking about and I saw a familiar face but it could just be similarities.

"Serene! Serenity is that you?" I heard a voice say and looked down the street and giggle and ran over to it.

"Mae oh my god its been so long how are you" I say going to her and hugging her.

"I am good, what are you doing back here?" She says holding onto my arm as we walk down the street to hang out.

"My mom moved us here, after I am sure you heard" I tell her and she nodded.

"Eommi told me your eommi called us she said she was thinking about moving back home but I didn't think it would be so soon, its been years since I have seen you last time I saw you I think we were 14 or 15. You look like such a model now look at your figure and health." She exclaimed pulling away from me to look at me up and down. I blushed and nodded.

"Well thank you, but I am in no way going to be a model. I have literature and english classes waiting for me when they start. I got into university here. Ewha women's University. To work on my lack of korean I will be living on campus sharing a unit with 9 other girls but in my room it will be me and two other girls." I tell her and she looked at me and nodded.

"No way I am a student there if you know what unit you will be staying in we might be living together basically."

"I think I am in a unit that holds 9, I think unit C" I tell her and she squeals making some passerbyers looking at us.

"I am in that unit as well, what is your room number, I am in 212" She exclaimed smiling wide that her eyes were hidden.

"I am in room 215 across the hall from you. We can have small parties together. Eat pizza and take outs and play some games together or talk about guys." I giggled and we both squealed excited to be with a dear friend again.

"Yes we can! Have you listen to any kpop its a booming industry there is a lot of good groups and individuals. I am sure you saw the sign with the dreamy Bangtan boys, they are a newer group but they are so so so attractive and hot. Jimin Oppa is my bias he is so attractive" she started and I giggled listening to her.