Chapter 3

Many ways to judge

Just a person

June 2016. Seoul, South Korea

Serene's POV

I ate some dinner with my mom and siblings. Telling her about how I ran into some old friends and smiled seeing that she was happy. I told her about how me and Mae will basically being neighbors in college. As well how I was invited by Yoongi, who she was happy to hear I ran into, to a concert event. She was glad to see me no longer sad and sitting in my room writing for hours upon hours missing meals at time. Grief is hard to understand and experience and that is why I never got upset with my mom for moving us up and out of the country. She wanted to be near family and they were all here in Korea. After dinner my younger siblings went to play video games together and my mom went straight to cleaning. I made sure she didn't need my help before going to my room. It wasn't fully unpacked yet but it didn't make sense to me to unpack then pack again for school when it started. I sat at my desk and opened my laptop getting ready to video call Yoongi.

Serene: Hey Yoongi, I am free to call whenever you want.

Yoongi: Ok

I waited a few minutes then I smiled hearing the sound of him video calling. I answered and smiled seeing his adorable face again. My heart started racing as I got nervous. Why was I nervous. He has been one of my closest friends since I was little.

"Hi" He said causing me to giggle, which made him smile. I could tell he was in his room, It was neat and tidy but I could see it was basic and not much decoration but I could tell someone else also lived in that room as their was brighter color in half of the room.

"Hi" I said to him and chuckled.

"How are you" He asked me and I smiled.

"I am good, do you share your room with someone?" I asked him causing him to look behind him and he turned looking at me and nodded.

"One of my friends his name is Jin" He says and bites his lip getting nervous

"Oh that is nice, we won't be disturbing him will we?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"Jin is gaming right now most likely, he will come in here probably at some point but he won't interfere" He says and I nod.

"Ok...I told my mom I ran into you today and she seemed happy about that" I tell him

"That's good I hope she and your siblings are doing ok, If i look into my schedule and you are not busy...would you maybe...you don't have to...but maybe would you like to come and meet my friends? before our concert...like I believe Sunday afternoon I am free and we are not rehearsing you can come to our dorm?" He asked and I giggled at how he was so nervous to ask this. When did we both end up getting nervous around the other.

"I believe I am free, if it will not get you in trouble I would love to meet the rest of the guys." I tell him making his face light up so bright.

"Really ok, I will let them know" He says, as soon as he finished that statement I heard his door open and a guy start speaking to him

"Hey Yoongiah, did you know- oh you are talking to someone" the voice spoke then he walked over and stood in the frame. He was really handsome and I felt myself holding my breath for some reason when he looked at me.

"Hyung, can I help you" I heard Yoongi said to him looking at him.

"Is this Serene?" I heard him ask him and my heart fluttered. Yoongi talked about me with this friend.

"Yes" Yoongi said to him.

"Hello Serene, I am Jin" He says waving at me and I giggled. So this was Jin who Yoongi was sharing a bedroom with.

"Hello" I said to him softly getting nervous. He was so handsome and looked like God himself chiseled him out of stone.

"Your making her nervous getting too close to the camera" Yoongi said pushing Jin to go to his side of the room. The interaction caused me to giggle and I saw Yoongi look at me when I giggled and his eyes showed something that I never have seen in eyes when we were younger.

"I'm sorry for interrupting you two, I was grabbing a hoodie and going back to play some games with the maknaes" Jin said giving me a smile and walking to what I assume was his closet. I saw Yoongi rolled his eyes causing me smile at how easily he was to annoy still. Jin walked out of the room closing the door.

"I'm sorry he can be a bit-" Yoongi started and I interrupted his statement.

"Don't apologize he is really nice, I am glad your are sharing a room with someone like him. I hope you two are good friends" I said to him and he smiled a hint of blush was on his cheeks as he looked down.

"Yeah he can be an ok friend at times, we don't fight really. He is quiet unless there is a camera around then he is a bit childish. He is the youngest in his family so it's no surprise when he sometimes acts like the youngest around us when he is actually the oldest."

"That's good for you though, it causes you to not be so quiet and secluded."

"I need me seclusion if the band wants to have some pretty good songs though"

"Can I hear what you have written so far?"

"hmm...maybe but how do I know you are not going to share with your friend who is going to leak it for the world early?" He teased smirking

"Come on Yoongs you know you can trust me, I kept all your secrets before" I said pouting at him

"Maybe when you come and visit I can show genius lab"

"Genius lab?"

"My studio, I am Min Yoongi, Genius" He says acting confident.

"Of course idol hood has change the sweet Yoongi I knew" I teased

"No it hasn't" He said quickly a small pout appearing on his face causing me to giggle.

After that we just chatted about old times and then I went to bed and started to prepare for the next day. I would be going out again the next day but towards where my college is going to be and get to know the area. I would also be meeting up with Mae then in two days I will be able to go and see Yoongi's friends and where he works and then the apartment they live in together. Which I was looking forward to seeing them and meeting them. I don't know what all I will be doing there but I hope it goes well and that nothing goes wrong. But now that I am thinking about that I feel like it now will.