Chapter 4: Rainstorm

Link pried open his eyes and sat up on the bed, it had been a 6 days since he had kissed Sidon and he still felt nervous about it. He looked outside the window next to him. He could see Mount Ploymus in the distance, he was startled as thunder struck and bolts of lightning crackled across the sky. It had always been raining, thanks to Divine Beast Vah Ruta, but today the weather had decided that it was time for a thunderstorm. He watched the rain droplets slowly slide down on the window, there was another crash of thunder. Link was alerted when he heard the door into his room creak. A Zora with green scales, the medic who had injected him before walked in, He was followed by another Zora, Link's eyes lit up as he saw who it was. Red scales, a tall figure and that winning smile, Prince Sidon entered. 

The medic sat down on the chair next to Link's bed and pulled out a clipboard,

"Alright then, lets get this over with. Link, it's now been a week since you were taken in here and I've come in to check up on you. You will need to answer a few questions for me, the reason that the Prince is here is because, of course you speak in Hylian Sign Language and I cannot understand it. He will act as an interpreter."

The medic pulled out a ballpoint pen and flipped a page on his clipboard,

"Now then, Link. How have you been feeling for the past few days, has there been any pain you've felt?"

"I've been okay." he signed, Sidon translated accordingly,

"Okay then.. have you been having any stomach aches? Or feelings of sickness?"

"I don't think so," Link signed, Sidon once again translated.

~For the next hour the medic asked Link questions about his health, if he'd had any medications etc.~

The medic scribbled down a few notes on the clipboard and then put it down on the bedside table. 

"Alright then, thank you for your time. It seems that you are definitely on the mend, but you still have a broken leg and your arm will need to be in a sling as it still needs time to heal, not only that but you should also take these medications, he handed Sidon a plastic jar filled with white pills. Anyway, I'm afraid that we have a lot more patients coming in and as you no longer require it, you'll have to be removed from the hospital." 

Link was worried about this, he hadn't really thought about where he was going to stay when he was on his way here. He had been running low on rupees so he wouldn't be able to stay at an inn, he was running through potential options of where he could sleep for the night when the medic chimed in.

"Don't worry Link, we've organised a place for you to stay. Prince Sidon has volunteered to accommodate you for as long as you need."

Link let out a silent scream of happiness in his head, it was as if Hylia herself was smiling upon him today. He would be able to get out of the infirmary and get to stay with Prince Sidon! Sidon was also obviously pleased but tried to hide it, after all, he was royalty, he had to be professional about this. 

~Time Skip~

Link, accompanied by Sidon, slowly hobbled towards Sidon's house, he was making his way in through the porch when his feet slipped on the wet floor, his crutches falling with him. He was about to hit the ground when he was caught by the arms of Sidon. 

"Link! You need to be more careful, if you want I could hold you while you walk."

Link hesitated, one half of him wanted nothing more than to be held in the muscular arms of Prince Sidon, but the other of him was thinking that he shouldn't need Sidon's help. He was the legendary hero of Hyrule, chosen by the Gods and destined to one day vanquish Calamity Ganon, not some fragile child. He signed to Sidon that he would be fine,

"But are you very sur-"

"I'm fine" he signed again with an annoyed expression on his face, Sidon didn't bother to argue.

"Okay then," Sidon sighed, he bent down and picked up Link's crutches and handed them back to him. He continued to walk towards the house and just as he stepped on the first stair up to the front door he slipped again, falling once more in the arms of Sidon. 

Link looked up at Sidon's face, they both had a silent agreement that Sidon would hold Link while he walked. As they entered the room Link was greeted by the warm cosiness of being inside, away from the rainy cold outdoors. In front of Link was a table, a few chairs next to it and a small kitchen at the right end of the room, to the left end there was a door and a few paintings of what looked like previous Zora kings hung up on the wall. Sidon led Link over to one of the chairs and sat him down. 

"Is there anything you would like to eat Link?" he asked,

"Just some soup would be nice." he replied.

Sidon smiled and walked back into the kitchen, he opened a drawer and pulled out a saucepan. Placing it on the stove he walked over to the pantry and opened it, pulling out spices and vegetables, he placed these on the bench then he walked over to the fridge and opened it. He reached his arm in and took out a large frozen fish, this also went on the bench. The next 15 minutes he spent cooking the soup and when it was finally ready he served it into 2 bowls, and pulled out two spoons from another drawer. He walked over to where Link was sitting with the bowls in a hand each and placed one down in front of him on the table. He then sat down and placed the other bowl next to him. 

Link sniffed the soup, it smelt delicious. He watched the way the steam wafted out of the bowl and disappeared into the air. He gripped the bowl with both hands and lifted up to his mouth, the soup was amazing. It seemed to slowly move down Link's body giving him a warm relaxed feeling, the flavour of the fish complimented the spicy aftertaste. He couldn't stop eating it, Sidon laughed,

"You seem to be enjoying that a lot, there's much more where that came from." 

Link, with his bowl now empty placed it down on the table and exhaled blissfully.

"Need any more?"

Link nodded enthusiastically. 

After 2 extra bowls of soup, Link was finally full and leaned back on the chair. Sidon thought that Link was looking tired. 

"Why don't we go into the bedroom,"

Link was spaced out and didn't answer, Sidon took this as a yes. Sliding his arms under Link he lifted him from his chair, Link was still spaced out and his eyelids were slowly starting to droop down. Sidon blushed, Link was so cute when he was tired. Making sure he didn't make any noise to disturb him. He walked over to the door, opened it, walked down to the end of the corridor and opened the door there, leading into his bedroom. Carefully he placed Link down on the bed, Link was barely awake and slowly his eyes closed completely, he was out like a light. Sidon lay down next to Link and admired his face, he did this for a while before falling asleep himself.

To be continued in the next chapter...