Chapter 7: The Beast of East Lake Reservoir

Link was over the moon,

After 5 weeks of healing with Sidon he was finally healed. This meant that the delay was over and he could finally get to the problem at hand;

Divine Beast Vah Ruta.

He was walking up the staircase to the throne room accompanied by his now boyfriend, Sidon. Finally reaching the top he stepped into the room and was taken back. The King was huge, taking up a quarter of the room. If he thought that Sidon was tall than he was wrong, as the prince was easily dwarfed by his father. 

"So then, let us get down to business. Sidon, if you would explain the plan to our guest?"

"Of course father." Sidon turned to Link,

"Alright Link, this is our plan. Vah Ruta has 4 cores on it's back which supply it with electricity, this electricity is what allows Ruta to turn it's water flow on and off. However, these cores are currently infected by Ganon's malice, so Ruta has gone haywire and is spouting out water everywhere. But, if we can hit all these cores with shock arrows. We might be able to bring them back! This will mean that Ruta will cease the rain! To approach Ruta, I will swim to her with you on my back. We'll get close to one of the waterfalls at Ruta's sides and you'll swim up them. Once at the top you can shoot each core and board the Divine Beast. From there you can finally bring Ruta back to normal."

Link understood everything in that plan except for the part where he magically flies up a waterfall,

"How am I going to swim up a waterfall?"  he signed,

"That's where the Zora Armour comes in to play," Dorephan chimed in,

"The Zora Armour was painstakingly crafted by a Zora Princess for her lover to wear. With it, you can ascend waterfalls. Because you were the one Mipha loved, it should fit you." 

On cue, a zora walked in next to Link with said armour in it's arms. The zora promptly handed it to Link and walked out. Link lifted up and slid it on, it fit him comfortably. 

"You look great in that armour, darling. are you ready to face Ruta?" Sidon asked,

Link nodded.

~Time Skip~

Link and Sidon both gazed out at the reservoir, both staring at the Divine Beast.

Ruta was huge, it took the form of what looked like a giant mechanical elephant. With a massive trunk that was shooting a stream of water into the air, causing the rain. 

"Ready?" Sidon asked again,

"Yes." replied Link,

Link climbed up onto Sidon's back and he leaped into the reservoir. Water splashed everywhere and Link squinted, when he opened eyes again he could see the Beast in even more detail. It was made in the same kind of way his sheikah slate was, with a sort of stone like material and strange patterns carved on it. Sidon homed in on Ruta until he was next to one of the waterfalls at it's side.

"Go on, trust me swimming up a waterfall is easier than it looks." 

Link dismounted Sidon and swam over to the waterfall, the armour had empowered him with some kind of energy and without thinking he was thrown up into the waterfall. He glided up the water and when he reached the top he was launched into the air. Link saw a bunch of glowing orbs on Ruta's back which he assumed to be the cores, they were glowing a kind of pinkish red, the same colour as Ganon's malice. 

He pulled out the silver bow he was entrusted with and took a shock arrow out of his quiver, he pulled the bowstring and and aimed. Time seemed to slow down as he drew the string to it's limit and shot the arrow. It hit one of the cores perfectly and the core glowed green, imbued with the elctricity. He shot another one before he started falling down, Link deployed his paraglider and floated down to Sidon.

He landed on Sidon's back and they were off again. 

Sidon turned his head to Link,

"Link, I must warn you. Ruta will probably start using it's ancient powere to keep us at bay, You'll have to find a way to keep us from getting hit."

Link nodded.

Ruta let out a loud cry, the water around it started to churn and giant floating blocks of ice rose out of the water next to it. Link noticed they looked the same as his cryonis blocks, after all they were both engineered by the sheikah. 

He was still looking at the blocks and didn't have time to think when one of them came hurling towards them. Link panicked, how was he going to get rid of it. He remembered that when he was using the cryonis rune he could destroy his ice blocks at will, would it work for these? Knowing he didn't have any better ideas, he pulled out his sheikah slate. 

He hastily opened the rune menu and activated cryonis. He tried pointing the slate at the block and tapping the slate, this is how he usually did it. The block slowed down in it's path and shattered, Link grinned in triumph. But he didn't have time to savour it as Ruta was hurling three more blocks at him and Sidon. Link destroyed all of them and Sidon finally reached the the waterfall. 

"Go, quickly!" Sidon urged.

Link swam up the waterfalls and sniped the last 2 orbs. He glided down to Sidon and climbed back on his back.

"I've done it, I shot all the cores." 

"Amazing Link! I'm sure you did great!"

Link noticed Ruta was starting to rise up in the water, he saw an entrance on it's side. It must have been submerged before. 

"Sidon, I'm sorry but I have to go, I have to appease Ruta."

Sidon nodded and swam over to the entrance,

"Link, please, I beg of you, be careful."

"I will, see you soon." Link said as he climbed onto Ruta.

To be continued in the next chapter...