seven.

Lotus:

I scrolled down my contact list until I reached my mother's number. A few days had passed and I really needed to figure out if she could watch Allison. The days are counting down and the Yohana production has been blowing up my line with the upcoming season. I let out a long sigh before putting the phone up to my ear. I patiently waited until she answered.

"Yes Lotus?" she answered.

"Hey momma, how are you?" I said trying to sweeten her up.

"What you want girl? I'm heading to my Choir practice?"

"I've been really taking in what you told me about being a mother. This feeling I have when I'm with her is undescribable, I can tell she's really looking up to me. I want to change for good these few weeks being with her has been amazing. She's literally just like me, I even signed her up for school, the best one in town... I called because I have an amazing opportunity so she and I will be good for the rest of our lives. I got chosen out of thousands of girls for a reality tv show. Can you please watch Allison for a few weeks, ill be back to get her soon as a land," I begged.

There was a long silence, I kept checking to see if hung up on me.

"How long Lotus?"

"A month or even sooner. I promise I want to be here for that little girl, I just have to go on this show to win," I added.

"I guess... but before you leave you need to come to church and wash away all them bad sins your carrying, I gotta go in this church we are not done speaking," she rumbled.

I smiled with joy, it's over for these bitches.

"Thank you, mommy. We will be there the Sunday before you leave. Bye," I said before she ended the call.

I wanted to jump up and down, I'm surprised it was that easy with her. I've been dreaded that call for days now. I was currently in my room picking out which perfume I wanted to spray on before heading out with Alyssa. I needed new luggage and a few other things, I was almost down with my checklist. My phone vibrated on my bed, I quickly picked it up to see if it was her texting she was outside.

Chance: So you ignoring me now? That's what we on

-3:09 p.m

I let out a long sigh and locked my phone back... when Cordell told me that a few nights ago, I don't know what to think. It doesn't make it any better, he didn't tell me why. I've been letting him stay under my roof, feeding him, and giving him Don's clothes the least he could do is start talking. But then it's like, what could it be? Chance is so sweet to me he would not be in danger, our relationship is so close.

The front door slammed as I went to pick out the purse I wanted to wear...speaking of the devil, that had to be him. I sprayed on my Replica perfume in bubble bath and went to see why he was slamming my door.

"Cordell?" I said walking out of my room.

As I walked closer he was pacing in my living room with blood all over him shouting at his phone.

"Tell that bitch ass nigga, I know he hit up my spot and check on his mans. I'm done playing with these broke ass niggas and tell Chan-- that other nigga I'm coming for his pussy ass" he yelled.

"I don't give a fuck they got some money on my head tell em' send the addy," he added.

Allison got up and ran behind me scared looking at him. I picked her up and took her to her room. This nigga done lost his mind.

"Cordell what happened? You got my daughter scared calm down," I said walking up.

"I'm sorry for all this. I got some unfinished business to handle," he said taking his shirt off.