𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘰 ― 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘬𝘪𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯.

a week after the devastating death of egon spengler has passed and the entirety of summerville hasn't really bat an eye to his death. spengler was popular around the town, but only for the wrong reasons. they called him a madman, a psycho, a delusional grandpa... and frankly, because of his damaged reputation, it affected the girl he raised all her life and the only one in town who cared about his death, brooke devon.

"yo, um..." brooke rolled behind the counter and placed down a sticky note with one of the orders. "one large four-cheese and a single coke."

"your handwriting is worse than mine, devon." one of the boys looked over at the paper, insulting her like a douchebag.

"it's nice to know you finally accept you suck at something. welcome to the club!" brooke grinned sarcastically, placing the note on his forehead and rolled back outside to her friend who was waiting at the door, lucky domingo.

brooke and lucky were miles away different. lucky is a popular kid in school. she has tons of friends, a lot of people who like her, confidence brooke wishes she had, and a boyfriend too. meanwhile, brooke has none of those. although, it doesn't mean she's not as great as lucky. brooke has many qualities she doesn't realize are better than others. she's highly intelligent in math, geometry, physics, chemistry, and science, she knows how to ride a skateboard, her music taste is definitely better than some others, and her style makes her look unique and special. maybe specifically the style itself isn't original, but she makes it look different when it's on her.

despite all these differences, they were with each other through and through. lucky helped her get through the hard times when no one else would. she was her only friend now after egon's passing, and brooke didn't let herself complain.

"he's not that bad, y'know. you guys could maybe, like, hangout sometime." lucky suggested as she andskated towards one of the windows for the orders.

"he's an asshole, I wouldn't wanna talk to some guy like him." brooke said. "and besides, why are you so focused on me getting a boyfriend?"

"well, you're 15 years old and you've been saying every summer has been bullshit so, why not date someone?" lucky crossed her arms and leaned on the wall next to the window.

"and have a higher chance of getting my heart broken again? no way." brooke leaned next to her.

"then, what are you gonna do? you gonna continue performing experiments in your garage for your imaginary audience?" lucky scoffed, mocking her friend.

"exactly. my imaginary audience are far better listeners than everyone else here anyway."

"you'd never know if you never try."

"from my experience, i know i should never try. it makes it worse. i've never connected deeply with anyone other than egon in my life. this is exactly why i don't need therapy."

lucky stared at her weirdly for a moment, worried and confused at her takeaways. "not sure that's the lesson here."

"at least i'm learning something, no?"

~

"pheebs, be a dear and break into your grandfather's house." callie demanded to her daughter, and she followed what she ordered.

as phoebe was breaking into the house, which trevor found boring to wait for, he headed over to a truly messed up garage/shed he saw nearby. he assumed it was property of the same house as well, because the house is in the middle of a hill with no other houses, and the shed had the word "FREAK" and "DIRT" spray-painted across.