𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳 ― 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘦.

"trevor. we've gotta go now." brooke mumbled, but trevor couldn't hear what she said the first time.

"u-uh, what?" he hesitantly asked.

"I SAID WE'VE GOTTA GO NOW!" she panicked, screaming at trevor and he flinched. brooke walked past him and heading to one of the cars they used to get to the top of the mountain. lucky's friend's heads were turned to her and trevor, looking at them like they were crazy, as if she was freaking out too much of an unusual stream of light randomly firing out of a mysterious mine at the top of a mountain. they saw it as something unserious, and joke, rather. but brooke knew what could've been coming and she was worried she was too unprepared. because she is.

"wh-what?" he exclaimed, quickly following her to the cars. "WHY!?"

"i'll explain on the way," she said, harshly opening the driver's seat door. "JUST GET THE FUCK IN!"

"okay! OKAY!" trevor panicked, quickly opening the other door on the other side and sitting beside brooke in the car, shutting the doors together in unison.

"HEY! HEY!" they heard one of lucky's friend shout, running in front of the car that was his with his other friends. "THAT'S MY CAR!"

neither of them replied and brooke immediately drove forward, almost running them over if they hadn't backed up. if she had to be honest, she wouldn't mind if they didn't back up and let the tires run over their seemingly unhealthy bodies anyway. she could tell who's body is like just from taking one look at them. egon taught her that.

"dude, do you even have a license?" trevor snarled at brooke as she drove the car down the mountain.

"chill, that idiot left his license in here. plus, if we don't do anything sketchy, we're in the clear. problem solved." she said, her tone for some reason showing she was upset with trevor in some way

"okay... but, why did we have to leave so quickly?"

"that thing we saw come out of the mine was a ghost, a spirit. we're not safe, especially there." she replied.

"what do you mean ghost?" trevor confusingly asked.

"ghosts..." she nervously gulped. "ghosts are real. ghosts are real and they have always been." she explained. trevor wanted to believe her, but he could never come to his senses to believe. it's too crazy to believe.

brooke took a quick gander at trevor who was now contemplating it all while staring blankly. her eyebrows quickly furrowed and she immediately stopped the vehicle, waking trevor up.

"w-why'd you stop?" he questioned.

brooke sarcastically smiled. "you don't believe me... do you?" she said, her smile slowly fading.

"what? no!" he exclaimed. "i-it's just so hard to comprehend, to understand."

"i just said ghosts are real, what else could that mean other than ghosts are real? you don't believe me. you never did, did you?"

trevor wanted to lie and say he did, but he'd also be a bad person if he had the audacity to continue lying. he stayed silent, the two maintaining eye contact before brooke felt her eyes start to water on it's own.

"wow." her voice shook. "i was wrong." she sniffled. "you're just like everyone else, you're not who i thought you were." she said, starting the car again. "i thought we were becoming friends."

"what- we are friends!"

"no, no..." she sarcastically laughed. "no, we aren't. you're just like lucky's friends. they think i'm crazy... and you do too."

"brook-"

"STOP TALKING!" she snapped and trevor flinched again. brooke panted and trevor's head hung low, avoiding even looking at her. the whole drive back, the entire ride was silent from then on. brooke felt betrayed, lonely, left all over again. she liked trevor. a lot... now, it's done.