08. Crush

The first time we talked was mesmerising, all I could think about was how beautiful she is, I am invisible sometimes, and I'm sure Lisa never really paid attention to me, we shared some classes, once again... I'm sure she didn't know.

That morning I had a chaotic one, my car was old or as my dad says it's a "classic" and apparently stubborn since it decided to don't cooperate with me and after spend the weekend with my family I had to commute, in my way to class someone bumped into me and my things ended flying, I was nervous, really nervous, since I was partnering with Lisa and two of her friends.

I hated how I ended in that group, our professor decided to ask to some classmates to get some papers with our names, Lisa took 3 papers and I was there, she seemed neutral, her friends weren't that happy or that is what the scowling from one of them made me feel.

We needed to start brainstorming, I looked inside my bag, I wanted to write down to don't forget and do my part, I barely could talk, the other girls were too loud, I kept looking but it seemed my pencil case was gone, I glanced at my team and the girls seemed... Let's say not so friendly, so I asked to Lisa if she could borrow me a pencil, I mean we were working in the same project since yesterday and we haven't talked at all, when I realised what I did it was too late, I saw her beautiful doe eyes looking at me, she even tilted her head as if it was the first time she acknowledged my presence, funny we were working on this class for a couple of weeks already, but her friend was the one reaching me, "Lisa hates to share her things, go to get one from someone else Kim" Niki said.

I was about to get up when she took my hand "Here Jennie use this, it's a mechanical one, I'm sure I have another one in my bag, no reason to go somewhere else", she knew my name! For God sakes, I almost died there, I just smiled "Thank you".

Her friend Niki just rolled her eyes, and Lisa looked at her "I never said I don't like to share my things Niki", "Well you never do", Lisa shrugged her shoulders and we kept working, oh how I hated that project, when we were done I tried to return the mechanical pencil, "Thank you so much! Here is your..." But she cut me off "Keep it Jen, I'm sure you have more classes, you will need it", she got up and was about to leave with her friends when she came again by my side "I think we have  the next class together", she looked at her schedule "French right?" I just nodded I was too stunned to talk, I mean people in London is not so... welcoming, not like Seoul is any better but I just have one friend here, Irene.

"Let's go there together, I actually saw you before and I wanted to talk to you" I was just dying inside, maybe I was dead already, "Talk to me? Why?", She just smiled "You seem sweet and very smart, I like smart people, I'm sorry for my friends, they just...", I cut her off "It's ok, don't apologise on their behalf, it's not like they are rude, or they insulted me, so yeah", she smiled at me and we walked together, in our way there people were greeting her all the time, professors and students.

Irene was by the door waiting for me, and extremely stunned it seemed "Hi Irene, she is..." , "I'm Lisa her friend", I was taken aback it was the first time we talked and we were friends already?, Irene smiled "I see, well I'm Irene her best friend", they laughed and I was there dumbfounded, "Watch out Irene I may steal your spot", I just laughed "Chill guys, I can be a best friend for both", Lisa laughed and took my hand, we sat together and Irene mouthed me a "What?" I just didn't know what to do or say, the class went by smoothly.

"Jen let's get lunch together later on, you too Irene", I nodded "Sure, see you later then", she waved at us and left.

I have a free period after that and I walked Irene "So what's going on?", I just sighed "Honestly I just asked for a pencil and I got all this friendship thing, so I don't really have idea what's going on, I'll l actually freaking out", she laughed "She is cute Jen, I think she likes you", "I think she is just being nice, she noticed I'm smart and wants a study matey or something", "Jen she is one of the most popular girls in this campus, we are in this huge University, but somehow everyone knows her, she doesn't need a study matey, but... see you later, at lunch... Unless you want to be alone with your study matey", oh god, I knew she would tease me, "I see you at lunch Rene, I want to work in this project and do my part as soon as possible", she nodded and we parted ways.