05. Come back to me

Living in New York again wouldn't be easy but after all she decided she would stay for good and achieve her dreams, a doctor like her would be a great catch, yet only one person was on her mind all the time.

She worked in one of the biggest hospitals in the city but she decided cut her time there and stablish her own office, private practice usually gives her more satisfaction because she could follow the cases meticulously.

On her way home she stopped in front of a little dinner, it has some retro vibes and that's what she likes more, she went once and the food is really good there, it feels homemade but she didn't really feel like stopping today, she was hungry but too tired and wanted to sleep.

Lisa was a charming girl, really funny, it was in her nature that's why her family got surprised when she chose her medical path at a young age, she was extremely intelligent and she wanted to do something to help others, just like some members of her family that worked in the medical field.

It wasn't hard to choose where to study, she has been thinking for years to become a pediatrician in this city, she always has been fascinated by its charm, and it's exactly in this city where they both met years ago.

Now come back wasn't that easy, lose the one she loves the most was a constant reminder that NY took the best from her, after Jennie nobody made her feel that way, it's not like she wasn't trying but somehow she couldn't forget the cat eyed brunette.

She was lost in her thoughts when she bumped into someone, her glasses fell and she couldn't see a thing "Omg I'm so sorry miss are you okay?, This always happens, Oh... You are pregnant, I'm so sorry, even more now, are you really ok? I mean I can't see a thing, I don't know where are my glasses but I could feel your ... Omg please don't think I'm a pervert..." But the girl cut her off "Can't we stop meeting this way? Crashing into each other", Lisa just froze there, unable to move.

That was the voice she longed to hear, the person she misses the most, they broke up a couple of years ago, distance was their biggest enemy, it doesn't mean Lisa stopped loving her, it just meant she decided it was fair to let her go and give her time to live and achieve her dreams.

"Jennie?", The girl didn't respond, instead she felt how someone put her glasses gently "Look for yourself Miss Doctor", Lisa was shook there she was the love of her life with the biggest gummy smile she still adores.

"Jennie I can't believe it, you are as beautiful as always, how have you been?", Then she realised something, Jennie is pregnant, very very pregnant, the brunette blushed "And so are you Manoban, I'm surprised to see you here, I thought you would stay in Korea or back to Thailand and I'm fine, we are fine", the blonde girl was still processing "Are you really fine?".

In that moment Jennie could only feel bad, what does she mean?, "Are you talking about my life or about how we bumped into each other violently", Lisa's eyes widened "Vi... violently? Omg are you really Ok?, come here I'll take you to see one of my colleagues so she can check on you and the baby", Jennie laughed "I was playing around, actually I'm fine you bumped into another person actually, a very rude guy I must say though, I was walking right here and I wanted to help you and we bumped lightly when I tried to get your glasses, I saw you on the floor all confused, and that's when you felt my... well baby".

Lisa looked at Jennie's hands, looking for a ring but nothing was there, yet again some people don't label themselves, specially in United States so that doesn't mean she is not in a relationship, even if all this information was killing her inside she smiled at her "It's amazing to see you again, well see you both", she signaled Jennie's bump "Well little one most likely I see you for the first time, I'm Lalisa Manoban, I'm friends with your mummy", Jennie found her so cute, introducing herself as her friend, Friends... Just that, nothing more.