Chapter 57: I Am Getting Her Back

~ Mathilda POV ~

"Mathilda, please. Please calm down. We will find a way to get her back!" my mother expressed, tears streaming down her face. Fear and pain radiated from her body but still she tried to calm me down. Her shoulders were shaking with sobs while she clasped my hands in hers.

"They took our daughter. They took Daisy. I cannot be calm, they have my child," I screamed, ripping my hands out of her hold and clutching my arms around myself.

The pain was not bearable. It destroyed me. Utterly destroyed me. It felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest and shredded into pieces. My heart slumped into my stomach, anguish blooming in my heart and spreading over my whole body.

Cold sweat broke out on the back of my neck and my throat burned when swallowing.

They had Daisy. With all Sirius and I had done for the Order we put Daisy into danger.

She had been right all along the way....she had asked us to stay out of Order business. But she was worried about our lives...And we had risked hers. I would never forgive myself for that. I would never forgive myself for putting my child into danger. For risking her life.

"We have no idea what they do with her. What they are capable of doing to a child."

"They won't harm her. It probably is a trap. They are making her the bait. We need to stay calm now and think about what we can do. We need to plan and we cannot allow ourselves to overreact and panic," Kingsley tried to reason. My gaze snapped towards him. He folded his hands in front of his body when his gaze met mine.

Glowering with red, puffy eyes, my mouth parted. "You don't have a child. You don't know what that feels like. Don't tell me to stay calm!" I growled. He did not know what that felt like.

A moment later warm, large hands landed on my shoulders and squeezed them tightly. Lips pressed against my temple, warm breath brushing my skin. "Mathilda, calm down. Shacklebolt is right. Panicking and overreacting is not—"
"Sirius?! She is you child as well." I glanced at him over my shoulder, shaking my head in disbelief.

"Yes, she is. Still panicking and overreacting will not bring us far. We need to calm down, think and plan what we can do, but," Sirius inhaled deeply, his hands squeezing my shoulders again.

"I am getting her back. I get our daughter back. I promise you that. Mathilda, she is also my little world. I promise you to get her back and if it is the last thing I will do."

A loud, shuddering sob slipped through my lips. She was in their hands.

Yes, she was a strong and talented young witch, but I had no idea what they would do to her. What someone like Bellatrix would do to her. What someone like Bellatrix was capable of. I did not know if she would hold back from harming or...killing a child. As far as I knew her...she would not.

"I know...I am sorry..." breathed, letting my head fall and staring down at my trembling hands. Sirius wrapped his arms around the base of my throat from behind, squeezing me tightly.

"Don't apologise. We get her back, darling. We get her back!"

I leaned onto him, shaking and squeezing my eyes shut.

"How old is she? Daisy?"

I lifted my head, Sirius moving slightly. My gaze locked with Kingsley's. What was he—?

"She is turning 16 in May," I whispered when realisation hit me. "She still has the trace on her."

The trace. Oh Godrick. Daisy still had the trace on her.