01

ᝰ ──・──・・𓌉 𖠚 ༅ ・・──・── ⊹

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

"THAT'LL BE $9.73," DONG-HYUN SAYS WITH A TIRED SMILE. He reaches into the register to pull out her change of 27 cents. "Here you go, your coffee will be ready soon!" He hands the customer the rest of their change and turns around to go ahead and prepare her order.

It has been a couple of weeks since Dong-hyun started working at Bucket List. He needs the money as rapping and singing aren't making him money at the moment. Plus his friend, Si-young, happily lets him work at his coffee shop.

Quickly finishing the simple order, Dong-hyun places a medium-sized cap over the steaming coffee. Calling her order number, he slides it across the counter with a polite smile paired with a goodbye that makes the young lady blush like a blossom.

Sighing Dong-hyun pulls out his phone whilst leaning against the counter. He opens up his notes to the unfinished lyrics. He has been a bit uninspired lately as his brain and heart are having trouble thinking of the right words to fit the song.

"Ah, Dong-hyun!" His boss, Si-young, calls out and runs out from the back.

They hug shortly before Si-young asks a favor, "Hey listen, I got to head out for a bit. Can you please take care of the shop while I'm out?"

Dong-hyun nods, "Of course, no problem. Ji-won's still here right?"

"Yeah, he's doing inventory and then he plans to head out."

"Ah okay, well go ahead everything is under control," Dong-hyun shoots him a thumbs up.

"Thanks so much, kid!" Si-young bows gratefully before heading out.

Dong-hyun chuckles before putting his phone in his back pocket and cleaning the counter. It is busier in the morning, so this area is a bit of a mess.

While wiping down, Dong-hyun is tapped on his shoulder causing him to pause his music and look up at one of their waiters, Jung-Chul.

"Hey do you know where the boss went?" He inquires fidgeting with the tray in hand.

"Oh, he said he had to head out for a bit, didn't say where though."

"Ah, that man always has somewhere to be beside his own damn shop," Jung-Chul tsks.

Dong-hyun laughs setting the rag aside, "I mean it's true, but you wouldn't be saying that if he was here."

Jung-Chul playfully scowls looking him up and down before laughing.

"How are those lyrics coming, kid?"

"How about not at all," Dong-hyun sighs exasperatedly.

"It'll come to you soon," he pats him on the shoulder before heading to the back to prepare for his break.

Dong-hyun takes out his earbuds before stuffing them in his pocket and continues to wipe down the counters.

But alas, again he is interrupted when the door chime jingles and he is forced to look up.

Ah, another customer.

"Welcome to Bucket List, would you like to hear about our special for the day?"

As the customer comes into view, Dong-hyun is at a loss for words.

She is so beautiful.

Her dyed violet and jet black hair, with eyes similar to Si-young's. The long bangs shadow most of her vision, but it doesn't matter. He doesn't need to see all of her face to notice and feel her captivating presence.

It seems she is looking elsewhere or for someone as she doesn't answer him and keeps looking around the shop.

"Ma'am?"

She sighs and mutters something under her breath before facing him, "I'll take the s-special please."

"Alright, that'll be 11.96. Are you paying with cash or card?"

"C-Card is fine, hold on a moment," she fishes through her bag before pulling out a navy blue card. Dong-hyun swipes the card and hands it back.

"And uh your name with the order?"

"Soo-jin should be f-fine."