don't let it slip

CTTO: caramellahoney

pairings: Camilo Madrigal x GN! Reader

genre: pure fluff

warning/s: none to note- no proofread

Bruno happily sighed as he snuggled into his sofa. It had been a long day and he was eager to get some well deserved rest.

"TIO BRUNO!" And-..there goes his free time. Bruno shrieked, twisting his head around to see who interrupted his relaxation. Camilo had just slammed the door open and stood at the entrance of Bruno's room. A goofy grin spread across his face. Bruno raised a brow, confused as to what the teen possibly wanted from him.

"I want you to read my future!" Camilo shouted, shutting the door of the room. Stomping over to his tio, the shapeshifter plopped on the floor. He sat right in front of Bruno's chair-to make sure Bruno wouldn't try to run away. Dumbfounded, the older man started awkwardly shifting in his seat.

"You know...you know how my visions go Camilo-" Bruno chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck. Camilo, threw his head back and groaned dramatically. He clasped his hands together and started pleading.

"Pleaasse? I'll owe you one! I could get you some extra food- or do some of your chores-just one little vision?? Pleaasse? It's been like 10 years!" Bruno squinted his eyes at Camilo. Just one, he says? Biting his lip, he tapped his fingers against his couch before eventually letting out a defeated sigh.

"Alright hijo. Let's go."

°°

"You sure about this hijo?" Bruno muttered, spreading the sand across the ground. Camilo nodded enthusiastically, sending the man a two finger salute. Once Bruno finished his ritual, he squatted down on the ground and stretched.

Reaching his hand out, He clasped Camilo's hands with his own. The man took a deep breath and soon enough- his eyes started to glow a deep green. Camilo ohh'd at the sight as the sand around them started to swirl and create a barrier of some sorts.

Bruno narrowed his eyes as the sand started to materialize into figures. Camilo followed his gaze and saw a figure of himself, confused he turned to his uncle.

"Thats it?" Bruno sent him an exasperated look, shaking his head 'no'.

"Be patient- Oh! Look! There's another figure!" Camilo whipped his head around and saw another figure starting to form beside him. Bruno gasped dramatically and Camilo turned to him.

"What??! What's happening tio?!?"

"It's a person! And-and- they're breaking your neck!"

"They're what?!!" Camilo screamed in alarm, gaping at the sand sculptures.

"Oh wait no! Not breaking your neck! It looks like a dance?" Bruno tilted his head in confusion, trying to make sense of the vision.

"Are they breaking my neck or dancing with me?!?"

"Wait yes! A dance!" Bruno grinned, relieved that the vision wasn't about his sobrino getting his neck snapped in half. The figures started to materialize into Camilo and a person dancing together.

He reached out to grab the green slab, wiping away any remaining sand on it. Camilo quickly rushed to his side and curiously observed the vision.

"Ohh would you look at that, they're quite attractive- wait isn't that your lover Camilo?" Bruno pointed out, making Camilo's eyes widen. He reached out and grabbed the slab from Bruno's hands to examine it closer.

Camilo quickly recognized all of your features, It was you! Suddenly, he felt his breath hitch when he realized you were wearing a wedding outfit. Inspecting the slab further, he realized both of you were in a church.

"I'm going to marry y/n." Camilo breathed out, realizing what the vision was about. He snapped his head back to his uncle, a wide lovesick smile on his face. Bruno just shrugged and uttered a 'meh'.

"I mean I don't need to look into the future to see you two would've worked out but-"

"I'M GOING TO MARRY Y/N!" Camilo shrieked making Bruno jump. Camilo giddily stared at the slab again, turning to his tio- he asked if he could keep it. Bruno just nodded, feeling pretty good about himself after seeing how happy Camilo was about the vision.

"You must really like them huh?" Bruno whispered, glancing at the slab then at Camilo then at the slab again.

"You couldn't imagine. They have a smile that rivals mami's sunny days. I could make a poem with just their name alone and it would still sound breathtaking." Camilo softly gazed down at the slab once more before running to hug Bruno

"Oh! Before I go- mind keeping this a secret tio Bruno? I want them to be surprised in the near future." Camilo grinned and thanked his uncle as he skipped away. Bruno hummed, happy for his sobrino's future.

After that was done, he went downstairs and decided to grab a broom to sweep the leftover sand up. He passed by the kitchen on the way, just in time for you to walk in through the back door.

"Señor Bruno?" Jumping, Bruno felt himself tense up as you called out to him. You smiled softly at him, unaware that Bruno was having an internal battle with himself.

"I was just wondering where Camilo was?" Bruno panicked and stared to stutter, avoiding your confused eyes.

'Dont let it slip Bruno, you can't ruin this for Camilo-' Bruno closed his eyes and let out a nervous breath. He smiled at you awkwardly, quickly putting the broom away.

"He ran away! I mean- mierda- he went to go his room." Bruno quickly corrected himself, hoping that you'd ignore his mess up and be convinced. He felt himself relax as you brightened up and thanked him, quickly leaving the room.

"Nice save, tio." In another room, Dolores snickered.