Chapter 1

[At Antonio's house]

Bassanio knocked on his best friend, Antonio's house, with surety of his required money. When Antonio opened the door, Bassanio's cheerful and happy face transferred into a worried and concerned one. "My dear Antonio!" Bassanio cried. "What weries you, my friend? Whereof is such want-wit sadness of yours?"

"Cut the crap, Bassanio" said Antonio in a ticked off voice. "All my boats are at sea and I don't have much money left in hand right now"

Bassanio closed the door behind him and followed Antonio to the living room, to find another friend of theirs, Lorenzo, waiting for them "Wait, so all your money is out there and there is no chance of you having three thousand ducats which you can lend to me?" Bssanio said, taking a seat by Lorenzo, facing Antonio.

Antonio gave Bassanio a surprised look and said "As I live and breath! Did you just say three thousand ducats?"

"Uh yeah, but only if you have cash"

Antonio nodded his head to indicate that he was thinking, before saying "I sure as hell don't, but since it's for you, I'll ask Shylock for it and give it back to him when my ships return."

"What if I told you which box the picture of Portia was going to be in?" chimed in Lorenzo, puzzling Antonio and Bassanio.

"And how do you know that?" asked Bassanio, turning himself towards Lorenzo.

"I may or may not be in a 4 year long relationship with Portia's maid, Nerrisa, and if I do tell you, you'll have to get us married."

"And you never thought of telling us? But more on that later, which box is it?"

"The lead one. And also, are you going to check yourself for rabies again?" asked Lorenzo, putting the other both into confusion again. "The last time you said his name, you took a test for rabies and was still not convinced when it came out negative. Are you going to do that again?" clarified Lorenzo, as they recalled the incident.

"I won't now, but if he refuses the money, then I will."