Chapter 6

[In the living room of Antonio's house]

"So you realized you were never in love with Portia the day we were at Shylock's house to borrow money to impress Portia and you never told me anything and I had to find out what happened through street gossip?" Antonio asked, trying to be as patient as possible.

"Well, yeah! I get it. You're mad at me for realising that I'm in love with another girl before it gets too late to change my mind." Bassanio whined, from his arm chair by the fireplace.

It had been 2 months since the casket incident. Gratiano and Portia were married, Lorenzo and Nerrisa were married too, but Jessica was unable to receive her father's blessings on her marriage with a Christian. It was finally decided that Jessica will elope with Bassanio, when Shylock was at the masquerade party at Antonio's.

Things had got progressively worse for Antonio, when his ships didn't return back in time. His worst fear had come true, his ships were now laying in the depths of the oceans.

Antonio needed help with the debt he owed to Shylock, but when he asked Bassanio, he always played the My-lover's-not-with-me-right-now-and-i-miss-her card. And now, Antonio has decided to pull out a few tricks from up his sleeve.