Chapter 8

[At Shylock's house]

"Make sure you stay home, and don't even think about peeking out for a glimpse of the street during their parade." Shylock warned his daughter, before setting out to his enemy, Antonio's house for the dinner party.

"Do you want me to leave before you so I can prepare things at my new master's house?" asked Launcelot.

"Go ahead then, I'll follow you in a few minutes" replied Shylock, and turned back to Jessica for further instructions on keeping his Jewish house clean of Christianity.

Launcelot walked up to Jessica and whispered into her ears "Bassanio will be waiting for you outside, you know the drill by-heart right?"

She nodded her head in an affirmative way as Launcelot nodded his head at Jessica in acknowledgement of the following illicit events that were to occur before he spun around to the direction of the door.

"What was he saying, Jessica?" Shylock asked, after he watched him walk out the front door.

"Oh nothing, dad, just a goodbye" Jessica said, alarmed by her father's suspicions and tried to play it cool.

"Goodbye, dad" Jessica said, knowing that this might be the last time she'd ever see him before eloping with the guy of her dreams, Bassanio.

Jessica waited patiently for a few minutes to assure that she was in the clear before escaping to Bassanio.

The moments passed as she slowly crept out of her house with her baggage.

Half an hour later, she was with Bassanio, talking about their marriage the next day.

The next day, the couple got married and everything seemed to be peaceful. Or so they thought....