18 | TBITB

CHAPTER 18 
LALISA

THE CRIME INVESTIGATOR TEAM were all over the apartment, examining the rom for evidence, checking every nook of the room for any trace left behind. 3 other member were at the living room, circling around the dead body. One of them took pictures of the body, as well as the dry blood around the body and its surroundings. A team of police officer secured the place, preventing anyone from entering. A figure approach the area.

He pulls out his wallet, revealing his badge. " Detective  Park. " he says. They both step aside, making room for him to enter the room. As soon as he entered the apartment he's already greeted with the body that was already covered with a blanket. The csi unit nearby taking photography of the surrounding. He approach carefully.

" Detective Park, " one of the detective team greeted, " fill me in. "

" We receive a phone call from the landlord of this apartment that he found her dead just this morning at 9:20 am. " He went on, flipping through his notepad. " Her name is Kang Jihyun, Female, appears to be in her mid 20's. No bruise or sign of struggling. When we found her, she had a pillow over her head. Her blood had gone dry, We assume she's been dead for a over a week.  However, near her body we found a family picture.  Other than that, we are still trying to look for traces or evidence left. "

His eyes wonders to him, " Can I see the picture ? " he demanded. The other nodded, nudging one of the members who stood beside him. They took out a plastic bag and bring it to his face, showing a picture of a little boy smiling with two adults behind him. The boy in the picture was smiling. 

" The relationship between her and this family is still unknown, but we speculated him to be her nephew or sister. " he explained, in which Detective Park nods. " I see. " He began to approach the body lying under the white blanket. He kneels, looking at the CSI team nearby. " May I? " he ask politely, and they nodded. 

He carefully lifts the white cloth off her face, slowly revealing the pale body underneath. He observed silently, his eyes  analyzing her features. Immediately, he could see the round mark on her forehead, precisely at the same line as her nose. Besides the round mark, her body had a faint smell of a sharp metal that has rusted. His eyes trails down to her neck. No bruises or any sign of struggling. On top of her left breast he could see her tattoo sticking out from her top

He eyes then gazes on her left arm, where a black spot was secretly hiding in her sleeves. He examined it, the bruise was severe, the black color was not light but dark. Based on it, it looked as if she was brutally hit with something hard, like a hammer. 

Detective Park slowly covers her with the white blanket, and get ups. He turns and walks back to the detective before. " She has a bruise that look severe on her left arm, right at her elbow. " he said, catching the detective off guard. " Is it severed?"
"  I wish to speak with the landlord. " Detective Park demanded. He nodded, stepping out of the room with Detective Park following closely behind. his eyes looks down on the floor while walking. No footprints. At the end of the hallway was a man sitting on one of the chairs. Upon the detectives arrival, he stand up, his legs wobbly which almost made him fall back down to the chair. 

" You must be the landlord. " He took out his badge, " I'm Detective Park, a crime investigator. " He says, taking out his notepad. " I'd like to ask a few questions regarding of Miss Kang. " His eyes gently lies on him. " Did you knew Miss Kang? "

" Yes, she is very known around here. " There was a hesitation when he answered. 
Detective Park nods, " Do you know anyone who could taken a dislike towards Miss Kang, or anyone she was on bad blood with? "