Chapter 1 [Edited]

A/n: here's some info for the start
(D/N) = Deadname (sorry)
(Y/N) = Your Name (duh)
Let's begin >:D
Warnings: gender dysphoria, deadnaming
___________________________________________

It was finally the day off the Stark Expo. Everyone was waiting for it and this time I actually didn't have to attend alone. My partner James "Bucky" Barnes invited me and one of my friends, Linda, to go with him and Steve, his best friend. I, of course, was exited and looked forward all day, but when it was finally time to get ready I suddenly got nervous. I didn't know what to wear. I was never a fan of dresses and skirts since they just made me uncomfortable but I wanted to look especially nice, just for tonight.

Linda also took one of her favourite and most beautiful dresses her closet could give. She looked stunning. I kinda felt like an ugly duckling next to her. She just pulled of more feminine clothes, but I was just deemed to be the more masculine type, on which feminine clothes looked kinda off.

I decided to forget about that and just look around to maybe find Bucky and his friend. He always talked about Steve in such an adoring and happy way, which maybe me even more excited to finally meet him.

Suddenly I took a glimpse of Bucky's face. He looked incredibly handsome in the dim light. After a few seconds off staring I finally called him: "Hey Bucky! Over here!"

Linda's head snapped to take a look of her date for this evening. Her eyes began to sparkle as she saw the short, blond male that was walking next to Bucky. He almost looked... like a child. I knew he wasn't, but he just looked like it.

A smile placed itself on my lips at the sight in front of me. Bucky in his new uniform and his best friend in an overall. Linda was beaming at Steve and frantically introduced herself. I knew she would love him. He was exactly her type.

Steve's cheeks tinted in a light pink which made me chuckle a little. If Linda's antics already flustered him a little, he sure would be as red as a tomato when Linda started seriously flirting.

"You look absolutely beautiful, you know?" Bucky's voice rang through my ears. His compliments never failed to make me smile, even if this time it was more if a strained smile. "I sure hope so, because this dress is more than uncomfortable." I whispered in his ear. He looked at me a little perplexed and said, that I could've worn something different. I shut that down quickly, saying I wanted to look special for tonight.

I looked over at Linda and Steve who were still talking like there was no tomorrow. I smiled softly, happy that Linda found someone, who's interested in talking and getting to know her. She was a sweet girl. Always honest and really caring.

When we realized that the show was gonna start soon we quickly made our way to the front. Well, actually Bucky and Steve got dragged by Linda and me, but that isn't as important.

Every person in the audience was staring in awe as the car started hovering above the ground. I could make out a silent 'holy cow' from Bucky. He never cussed, even in situation like these.

Suddenly the car fell to the ground again, no indication that it was still functional. The audience started laughing, even Stark himself.

After the show ended Bucky turned to the whole group we formed for tonight and announced that we should definitely go dancing. When turning to Steve we noticed something was missing: Steve!

We wanted to look for him but knew, that we should split up. With that in mind, Linda and me searched together and Bucky alone.

We couldn't find him for a while and Linda started getting fidgety. Knowing that I should try to calm her down, I put my hand on her shoulder and said: " We're gonna find him, don't worry." She looked at me, a worried expression plastered on her face. "What if we don't, (D/N)? He's isn't as strong as other men, so he could get seriously injured!"