Chapter 3 [Edited]

The journey wasn't really tense, just slightly awkward at times. Sam made a lot of jokes to keep Steve calm which hardly worked, but he didn't show that.

"Hey, Steve, what do you wanna do after we get Bucky back?", I asked.

The question was dumb, yes, but I was curious. He looked at me with a confused face.

"I don't know. I'm still in shock that he actually is alive. But maybe we could go to a diner and eat something. Just us three. Like old times, you know."

Steve chuckled lightly, probably replaying some memories of us joking and eating in our favourite diner. My lips curled up at all the memories now also flooding my mind.

Suddenly Sam's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"We'll be there soon, you'll better get ready."

He looked both Steve and Steve and me in the eyes. Steve got up and I followed his example. I hurriedly walked up to Sam. He briefly looked at me before he started talking.

"You think he'll recognise you? I mean, he did recognise the fossil."

A muffled 'how hilarious' was heard from Steve, which made me laugh a bit. Turning back to Sam, I answered.

"Could be possible. I can just hope, I guess. I mean, I look different. Like really different. My transition wasn't as... noticable before I was thawed, you know. But my face is the same, so he could. "

Sam nodded and stepped out as soon as the doors of the plane opened, which we took to travel to Bucharest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a while we found Bucky in a really big building. Sam, Steve, and I fought against Bucky for a good while, because of course this couldn't go down peacefully.

Though Bucky's hits were powerful and aggressive it seemed like tried to be careful not to hurt us. It really felt as if he actually remembered Steve and I to the point he didn't want to hurt us.

This gave me a little bit of hope, so I started talking to him during the fight. Phrases like "Please, we just want to save you from the authorities and King T'Challa!" or "We really don't mean any harm, I promise." left my mouth, but they seemed to pass right through him, which made me believe that he just could't hear me. That wasn't the case as he looked at me everytime I talked.

The fight carried on until the Bucharest Police turned up at the closed door to the room, in which we fought. If that wasn't good enough already, T'Challa also arrived and pulled Bucky into a fight, but instead of fightig back he just ran. Steve, Sam, I and, unfortunally, T'Challa started chasing him.

All that running made me tired, so I let me head hang low.

"Could Bucky always do that?"

Steve yelled, his voice a mix of shock and disbelief. My head immediatly snapped back up and I caught a glimpse of Bucky doing some kind of stunt with a motorbike. My jaw hit the ground. How did he do that?

"Not that I could remember, but it looked awseome!"

I yelled back, laughter noticable in my voice. Still, we continued the pursuit until police cars had us surrounded. Everyone abruptly stopped and didn't move a muscle for a few seconds. At this point all of us knew that we were getting arrested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The atmosphere in the police car was tense, the silence nerve-wrecking. You could've cut the air with a butter knife.

"So, you like cats?"

Sam's voice made me jump. I didn't expect anyone to talk. Steve slightly turned his head towards Sam, still looking down, and spoke his name like a warning. I couldn't help but snicker a little at the question. When he heard it, Steve turned to me and looked at me with a look that screamed "You can't be serious". My only response was a light shrug.

I couldn't stop thinking of Bucky and what he might be doing. Probably also sitting in a car, just waiting for any kind of consequence. I desperatly wanted to talk to him, to hug him or just give him any kind of comfort. But that would have to wait.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So it's been a while, huh? I honestly kinda forgot about this book, but I'm gonna try to finish it.
Hope you enjoyed and have a good day/night :)