the mystic witch

_

1968

                         SCARLETT walked down the halls of her house. That what she called that place. Home. The blond girl reached up high to raise a small nail and use her powers to press it into the wall.  She was paused on the stairs as she lifted three more nails and pushed them into the wallpaper.

Slowly, she raised her hand - hovering the picture frames on the wall as they rested on the hooks.

"What are you doing?" a voice called out, her eyes moved to Charles who was walking from the other stair case. "What's that?" he asked, walking forward as he squinted his eyes to look at the photos.

The first one, a photo of baby her rested in Raven's arms as Charles stood behind them looking like he was about to cry.

The second one, Alex holding her up with one arm when she was four. She had hug smile on her face as she looked down at him.

The third one, Charles and her birth mother - when they were young. The women had blond hair that went down to her middle back as she had her arms wrapped around his neck. Scarlett didn't know much about her, only that she died years ago, before she had any memories of her.

And finally, the last photo - Alex, Charles, Raven, Hank, and Moria. Moria was a women she just remembered by a smidge, but it had been a long time. Finally in the middle of the photo, crowded by the others - Erik stood holding her in his arms as he kissed the side of her head.

Scarlett stared at Charles, watching his expression fall. He smiled sadly as he shook his head, lifting it off the wall as he tucked it under his arm. "Not this one" he simply said, walking past her as she signed.

Over the years she grew to hate those photos, the taunting of never seeing Raven again. Alex didn't visit much, but when she learned to read and write he always did. 

And even if Raven was gone, Erik was a bad person, her father was a drunk and Hank babied him -  at least she knew she would never been anything more to them than a little baby witch

That would have to die out at some point though, because as she grew so did her powers, her love for a certain silver haired boy and the birth of the mystic witch.

_