MORGAN FUCKIN' FREEMAN

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
MORGAN FUCKIN' FREEMAN

Lexi and Robin ended up hanging out all weekend - they became good friends, and knew a lot about each other

Lexi and Robin ended up hanging out all weekend - they became good friends, and knew a lot about each other. It was nice for Robin to have a friend who wasn't judgemental, or friends with her because she had to be. Lexi liked having someone to talk to - someone who actually cared for what she had to say, and wasn't just hanging out with her because of Cassie. Lexi liked not being on the back burner, and she was glad Robin had come into her life.

For the most part, the weekend was just them lounging about and talking - Suze had checked on them a couple times and started conversations with Robin, all of which Robin was kind and answered any questions the woman had. Cassie had come in to hang out a couple times too, joining in on late night conversations. She had mostly kept to herself, something laying heavy on her mind since the party.

"Do I look different to you guys?" Cassie asked the two, staring at her stomach in the mirror as she did so. Robin and Cassie both took out their headphones from where they'd been watching Disney movies, looking over at the girl, "Cause I feel different."

"You don't look it," Lexi assured the girl as Robin yawned, leaning back down into her position so she could be more comfortable.

"I don't think I'm gonna go to school tomorrow," Cassie told them, taking a deep breath.

"Cause of Daniel?" Lexi asked, a little confused.

"No, not cause of Daniel, Lexi!" Cassie snapped at her sister, Robin's eyebrows shooting up at Cassie's tone, Lexi was just asking a question, "Daniel's the last fucking thing I care about right now."

"Okay, well, it's all you ever fucking talk about," Lexi argues back.

"That's not true! I asked you how I look, not about Daniel!" Cassie says, pacing the room.

"You look fine Cassie," Robin cuts into their argument - she liked hanging out with Lexi because it was away from all the drama - Cassie was not helping the situation.

"You look fucking beautiful!" Lexi gets out of bed as she says it, clearly pissed off with her sister, "You look fucking amazing. It's literally all anyones ever told you your entire life. Like, listen to yourself, it's fucking exhausting."

Lexi steps out of the room at that, going to get a drink from downstairs to cool off. Robin's eyes stay wide on the bed, shocked at Lexi's outburst. Lexi was a sweet girl, and to see her get so agitated by Cassie was quite upsetting. Lexi had gone into detail with Robin about how she'd always been compared to the girl, and that she always felt like she was in her shadow. Her talking about it probably gave her the confidence to say something to Cassie in the first place.