Chapter 4

As the bomb goes off, I look into his eyes, they seem resigned. Like he already made his decision.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man with a mask. He always lurked about.

On the island, there was only one man you faced. Maybe others might believe it to be God, or something from the great beyond. But, the man with the mask, he was the man you faced. The man you turned to but didn't want to. The man who held control over life and death on the island. The devil of purgatory. The man who when you looked into his eyes, would see the growing hellfire straight from the pits. The deeds and sins done on that island may of stayed their but they never left you. They never leave. Not really.

The first time I ever met him, he looked straight into me as if my life was worthless, maybe it was. Maybe that's why I fought so hard to prove otherwise.

He looked into my very being and tortured me.

Not for any particular reason. But just because he could. Because he was the man with the power on the island. He was the one who everyone would have to face if you stayed their long enough.

Now, I don't know if I believe in a higher being considering my cursed nature, but I do know one thing. On that island, that sad desolate and miserable island, he was God.