Chapter 39

Meanwhile, a couple of minutes before...

As both Maire and Kelley were on the porch hiding at the far corner of the porch, Kelley then looked at Maire.

"She might come here any minute." said Kelley, as she tells Maire, while whispering to her.

"Well, she wouldn't have." said Maire, as she whispers to Kelley. "If you didn't try to prank her. She probably saw you from the corner of her left eye!"

Kelley looks below at the balcony and then back at Maire.

"We have to jump." said Kelley, as she whispered.

"Huh, nuh uh, now way." said Maire, as she whispered. "We're like eight or ten feet from the ground, I'm not going to jump."

"We have no choice." said Kelley, as she whispered to Maire.

"May I remind you, that she's looking for you, instead of me." said Maire, as he whispered to Kelley.

Just then, after hearing Clara telling Alaia that Maire was playing with Axel, both Kelley and Maire looked at each other.

"Last call, according to your cousin, you're playing with Axel." said Kelley, as she whispered. "And may I remind you that Axel is with Tobin."

"Dang it, Clara! Couldn't you have said something else." said Maire, as she whispered.

"Last chance." said Kelley, as she whispered. "Do you trust me?"

"Alright, alright." said Maire, as she whispered. "Fine."

"One." said Kelley, as she whispered while starting to count, as she and Maire were preparing by hanging onto the rails of the balcony.

"Two." said Maire, as she and Kelley made it safely down to the ground.

"Three." said Kelley, as she whispered. "We made it."

Both Kelley and Maire made a sigh of relief.

"Whew." said Kelley as she stood in front of Maire. "That was a close one."

Just then, both girls heard that the sliding door from the balcony had opened, and voices were heard. After hearing them closer, Kelley then tackles Maire underneath the balcony, while also hitting her nose with Maire's nose, knocking her out. Both girls landed on the ground, underneath from the balcony. While hearing voices, Kelley then covers Maire's mouth with her right hand, so that she wouldn't speak, even though she was still knocked out.

After hearing that the girls left. Maire groans and wakes up, as for Kelley who was on top of Maire removes her right hand away from Maire's mouth.

"You have beautiful eyes." said Kelley, as she tells Maire, while giving her an innocent smile.

"Get off my face." said Maire, as she pushes Kelley off her.

"Fine fine fine, sheesh. Rude." said Kelley, as she stood up from the ground. "Instead of being rude to me, you should be thanking me."

"Thank you?" said Maire, as she asked Kelley. "Thank you, for what? What do you want me to thank you for?"

"For saving the two of us." said Kelley

"Really, you don't say." said Maire, as she sits up and looks at Kelley. "You expect me to thank you after; one, starting an epic prank war, for both my teammates, against your teammates. Two, almost trying to get yourself killed, by pranking one of my teammates, who is more dangerous than Nora. Three, making me jump out to safety from the balcony. Four, tackling me underneath the balcony and into the ground, while also knocking me out with your nose. And five, I'm 50% sure that after we both landed on the ground, you made me land my rear end on a pinecone!"

"Of please, I did not made you sat on a pinecone." said Kelley

Just then, Maire then takes out a pinecone from which she was sitting on, and holds it up so that Kelley could see it.

"Mm hm." said Maire, proving her point.

"Okay, so maybe I did." said Kelley, as she tells Maire. "But, either way, I still want to hear a thank you from you."

"Fine, but only if I decide to make a truce with you." said Maire, as she stood up from the ground, while still looking at Kelley.

"Sure, but on what?" said Kelley as she asked Maire.

"I will thank you for helping me escape, you you call off the prank war." said Maire

"What." said Kelley

""Oh please, come on Kelley, this prank war is getting out of hand, and you know it." said Maire, as she tells Kelley. "We need to stop this, right now. Because, not only are we fighting for the same team, but also with our new coach. Due to your pranks, Coach Sloan has been punishing us, for them. And we can't take the punishment only longer, Kelley please this got to stop."

"Okay, fine then I'll call truce, on calling off the prank war." said Kelley, as she agrees with Maire.

"Thank you, Kelley." said Maire, as she and Kelley shook hands on it.

Just then, both Kelley and Maire then hear Coach Sloan yelling.

"GIRLS!!! MEETING, IN THE MEETING ROOM! NOW!!!" yelled Coach Sloan, as she yelled from the top of her lungs.

"Oops, I made a prank on your coach." said Kelley, as she tells Maire. "And may have dyed her hair green, because she reminds me of the hulk."

"Kelley!" said Maire, as she tells Kelley.

"What, don't blame me, that was before our truce." said Kelley, as she tells Maire. "So, that doesn't count."

As Maire looks at Kelley, she then sees Tobin along with Axel, across from the building from the other side where they were.

"Finally, the switch." said Maire, as she signals at Tobin telling her to toss Axel's favorite chew ball to her.

Meanwhile as Tobin sees Maire across from her, and Axel, she then looks at Axel.

"Axel, fetch!" said Tobin, as she tosses Axel's favorite chew ball to Maire, who catches it.

"Here boy." said Maire, as she tells Axel, who is running towards her.

As Axel is running towards Maire, Kelley then runs towards Tobin.

"See you later, Axel." said Kelley, as she tells Axel.

"Good boy, Axel." said Maire, as she tells Axel who barks.

After making the switch, both Maire and Axel head back into the lobby of their camp, as Tobin and Kelley head to their side of the building.

As both went to the meeting room and reunited with the other girls, Coach Sloan then entered the room, with her hair drenched with water and green hair dye.

"Not a single laugh, smile, giggle, or even a chuckle from all of you." said Coach Sloan, as she tells the girls.

After seeing that the girls were smirking, Coach Sloan then started to yell at them.

"NO SMIRKS EITHER!" yelled Coach Sloan

All of the girls' smirks then faded into frowns.

"Due to what happened to me, you girls will be running around the whole camp." said Coach Sloan, as she told the girls, who whined. "NO, WHINING! Maybe that will teach you girls a lesson, for not taking our patrol seriously, and letting an enemy invade our territory!"

"Sheesh, she's acting as if we're at war with our senior team." said Nora, as she whispered to Maire.

"Shh." said Clara, as she whispered to Nora.

"What are you all standing around here for? GO ON! GET GOING!" said Coach Sloan, as she yelled at the girls, who started to run outside along with Axel.