Chapter 28

The next day, the U-20 girls team plays against China's U-20 girls team.

In which Nora, along with Hadley, Brynn, Emery, Khole, Nyla, Sienna, Scarlet, Clara and Maire are all put into the starting line of the game.

Meanwhile, as the girls were huddled into a team circle...

"We got this girls!" said Nora, cheerfully. "We got this!"

"Yeah, just think positive!" said Khole, as she clapped her hands childishly.

"Too much, Khole." said Nora, as she tells Khole.

"Whoops, sorry." said Khole, as she grins.

In which Nora changes her positive tone, into a serious tone.

"Right..." said Nora, as she turns away from Khole and mumbles. "Try not to get hurt out there!"

"Too, late." said Maire, to herself.

"Alright, let's go girls!" said Clara, as she and the team cheered their team's game.

During the 1st half of the game, Maire scores a goal, and tries not to limp while running or walking.

A few minutes later, Nyla then scores a goal.

Moments later, Brynn takes the ball away from a player from China, and passes the ball to Maire, who dribbles it.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" said Maire, in her thoughts, as she dribbled the ball. "Ow! Ow! Ow!"

While Maire is dribbling the ball to an open soccer player from her team, she gets double teamed and is being chased by the same girls, who double teamed her.

"Great, now I got company!" said Maire, in her thoughts again.

Maire manages to nutmeg a player from China, but is later pushed out of the way by the other player, and lands on the ground.

"Ow! Ow!" said Maire, as she yelled in her thoughts, while groaning. "Ouch, ouch!"

Before Maire can get back up, the other player then steals the ball away from Maire, and kicks it across the field.

"Aw great!" said Maire, as she mumbled. "Somebody just took the ball, and kicked it across the field. Great, just great! Ow!"

Maire stood up from the ground and started to limp a little, but later walked it off before anyone could notice that she was limping.

"Urgh, why did I have to get hurt!" said Maire, as she tells herself. 

During the 2nd half of the game, Sienna scores a goal.

A few more minutes later, Brynn then scores a goal.

After a few more minutes later, Maire is finally subbed out by Addison.

"Good luck, Addison!" said Maire, as she cheered for Addison.