Persephone - Fair Compensation

Fair Compensation - Persephone

Me and my sister got covid and the day I tested positive I started this. My challenge is to finish it before I test negative.

Fair Compensation - Persephone

Persephone held her head in her hands as she heard what her son had done. Nico had just admitted that one of his hockey pucks broke the neighbors window, and being her gloomy cynical son he showed little-to-no remorse.

"Shit, are you kidding me, Neeks? You know I'm the one who's gonna have to pay for it?" She ranted to him as she leaned on the kitchen bar.

Nico sat swirling on a swivel chair looking bored and apathetic. "Yeah, sorry." He said unenthusiastically and ingenuously. Persephone sighed as she rubbed her temples. Her son was an emo, that was for sure.

"Well, you're grounded until Friday." She told him, since it was Monday. Nico stopped swiveling and looked at her incredulously. The woman who had just gotten home from work pulled a beer out of the fridge and looked at him. "Don't give me that look. You're lucky I'm giving you the weekend. You might not even get that once your dad finds out." She told him, taking a sip of the can.

Nico huffed and crossed his arms, pulling on the hoodie strings to make the neck tighter for warmth or comfort or something. Persephone chose to ignore him and walked out of the kitchen, heading towards the stairs. To him it looked like she was going to change or something, but in reality Persephone had other plans.

The reminder of her next door neighbor had her feeling something different, a feeling that had kept her up and entertained her many a night. That time she had seen him mowing the lawns without a shirt on, using his pool one hot sweaty day, the girls she'd occasionally see leaving his house in the morning...

Persephone shut her bedroom door and locked it, walking into her ensuite and turning the shower on. With the high pressure water muffling anything else in the room, Persephone lay down on the bed and opened her phone. She went into her bookmarked tabs and opened a certain NSFW website, typing into the search bar neighbor.

She finished in a few minutes and then hopped in for a quick shower, mainly just to freshen up after work and her activities. She had a small desire to do something about the window, but it was only after thinking it all over in the shower that she decided to go through with it. She turned off the hose and stepped out, drying herself and freshening up before changing back into her work clothes - a green office blouse, black pencil skirt and heels.

She headed back down the stairs and collected her wallet off the counter - not that she'd need it. Looking outside she was relieved to find her husband Hades had yet to return from work. "Nico, I'm going over to pay for the window!" She called out to her son who didn't respond, likely holed up in his room upstairs.

Persephone left the house and walked next door, knocking on the door and standing patiently with her hands behind her back. She brushed back her black hair and adjusted her shirt to be as tight as possible, hoping to make a great impression on the young neighbor.

The door opened and the college-aged guy stood there looking at her quizzically. "Can I help you?" He asked, leaning on the doorframe.

Persephone cleared her throat. "Hi, I'm Nico's mother, the, uh, the kid who smashed your window. Can I come in?" She asked, and Percy raised an eyebrow. He wasn't expecting any sorta compensation from that little emo kid.

"Sure." He agreed, opening the door and stepping inside. Persephone walked in while Percy shut the door.

"So how much will it cost for repairs?" Persephone asked, looking around his living room. She had her arms crossed as she looked at the taller guy, who had to make up a number since he hadn't checked yet.