135 | Confession No. 3

CINDY STARES AT HER reflection in the mirror, removing the makeup that she had on earlier. She just came back from a party hosted by a company that introduced a new product. As always, Cindy met up with a lot of CEOs and presidents that she had to entertain the entire night, making her cheeks hurt because of too much smiling.

     "I'm so tired," she says while massaging her cheeks. While she was doing so, someone suddenly knocks on her door. Cindy doesn't answer, so the man says, "Madam Cindy, someone is here to meet you."

     Cindy was surprised since it was already late at night. She wasn't expecting any visitors at this hour so she says, "Tell them I'm tired. Just ask them to return tomorrow."

     "But madam...it's a man named Maximilian Leigh Sinclaire. I suggest you meet with him now," he says, and that alone made Cindy stand from her seat in an instant. Even though she was still wearing the gown that she wore earlier, Cindy quickly opens her bedroom door.

     "Where is—"

     "Hi Cindy," Max says, standing beside Cindy's secretary.

     Cindy doesn't say anything and just grabs Max to embrace him. "Leigh, it's so good to see you," she says as Max hugs her back. When they pulled away from the hug, Cindy looks at him and asks, "What are you doing here at this hour?"

     "How about we talk about this in private," Max suggests instead, making Cindy realize that they were standing in the middle of the hallway for everyone to hear.

     "Oh yes, of course, I apologize. Please, come in," she says, and the two went inside the bedroom.

     "I apologize if I look like a mess right now. I just came back from Binoche's party. I was surprised you weren't there, but I met up with Hans so it was fine," Cindy says as she walks back to her vanity to remove her earrings and necklace.

     Max looks around the extravagant room which was bigger than his. Cindy's room literally had a living room inside so he took a seat on the sofa and said, "We were invited too but we had to decline it. We're still not partners with the Binoche family yet. Father said that we shouldn't let them use the party as a way to get our endorsement."

     "I guess that makes sense."

     As Cindy was removing her necklace, she looks back at Max through the mirror and tells him, "So, why did the great Maximilian Leigh Sinclaire grace me with his presence?"

     Max chuckles at the compliment and stands from the seat to walk toward Cindy. "A lot of things have happened recently, so I came here to talk to Hellcat. If that's fine by you," he says as he stood behind her.

     Cindy smirks, but she doesn't answer and looks back at her reflection instead. "Leigh, can you give me a hand with this?" She asks, gesturing at the zipper on the back of her gown.

     Max doesn't say anything and takes a step closer to Cindy instead. He then takes the zipper and slowly pulls it down. While he was doing so, he looks at the mirror in front of them, looking at Cindy straight in the eyes as he leans closer to her ear to whisper, "How well do you know Serenity Karlsson."

     Cindy's eyes widen in the instant, and Max finally zips the gown to the end. He then turns around from Cindy as Cindy drops the gown on the floor, exposing her naked upper body.

     "Where did you hear that?" She asks, her voice changing in an instant.

     "President Helena gave me a hint when I visited your house. She gave me a note that mentioned the words Crème de la crème's rank 8. I asked Étienne to look for that person, and he found out that it was a woman named Serenity," Max explains, his back facing the other way so he wouldn't see Cindy changing her clothes.