I - Poisonous Flower

all my life i have always hated pain,
so never in my life i think there will be time where i will welcome pain.
that is before i met you and receive these flowers that grow within me.

Young master-nim, here some warm lemonade
'vicious old man'

today was the day Cale would start his day to start all of his plan to stop the white star from ruining his peaceful slacker life. he has to wake up a bit early since he needs to go to a meeting with the allied 4 kingdoms and 1 tribe.

of course Cale didn't want to come since the crown prince Alberu Crossman could have handle the meeting well without him, but the crown prince keep pushing him to come since he is the representative and the symbol of their partnership, so Alberu gave Cale another golden plaque to make him come so he have no reason to refuse.

after Cale gulped the lemonade down, he walked and called out to Raon

"Raon, teleportation"
"alright human!"

Cale arrived at Alberu's palace garden, the meeting is in Alberu's palace near the garden, so he teleported to a quiet place near the meeting point. once he arrived he could see a blond haired man leaning his back on a garden pavilion, his blue eyes looking at the sky with his arms crossed. the wind brushed and he could see the blond hair fluttering. then those blue eyes meets the brown red eyes. the former smiled.

"took you long enough"
"were you waiting for me, your highness?"
"hyung"
"...hyung-nim"
"let's go, the meeting is about to start"

Cale looked at the blonde hair walked past him, then followed behind

"are you touched that this handsome hyung is waiting for his dosaeng?"
"how could this humble servant make the sun of the Roan kingdom wait? my heart breaks for "making our hope and light wai-"
"Haa... enough "

Alberu sighed and looked towards Cale, but then he frowns.
"btw, has something happened? you look so pale and tired. are you oka-"
"young master Cale"
"my friend! Cale!"

Alberu and Cale stopped walking. they could see someone waving their hands towards him. they could see the representative of each kingdom waiting in front of the meeting hall. Cale then took another step closer to Alberu side and talk in a low voice.

"i'm okay hyung-nim, there's no need to worry about me"

then Cale proceed to walk toward the others. then the meeting started. in the meeting Cale is stoic as usual, but sometimes he would glance at the blonde haired man sitting beside him. Alberu was focused on his own task seriously like he always does when it comes to the safety and growth of the Roan Kingdom. he look responsible and reliable. but during the meeting Cale mostly didn't think about anything.

.
.

Cale arrived back at home, he lay down on bed as soon as he got home. The children were currently training with Ron and Choi Han so he was left alone in his room. the room was dark, but there is some orange sunset light coming through the opened window. the curtains is also fluttering with the wind coming.

'Haaa...'
Cale looked at the ceiling and sighed. he put his arm on his forehead and closed his eyes

you shine so bright like the stars and sun
and when that brightness touch the flowers inside of me, the flowers bloom more brightly making me suffocate.

*flashback 2 days ago*

Cale was observing the Endable Kingdom of the Eastern Continent with Choi Han, the children, and Alberu. it can't really be called observing since they mostly walk around buy food from the stall and having fun. it was also refreshing for Cale and the others since they were mostly busy since the war is still ongoing and they don't really have time to relaxed.

but then Cale found himself mesmerizing the relaxed look and genuine smile of Alberu Crossman the crown prince to be beautiful, especially when right now he is in his true form.

from the start he knew he liked Alberu Crossman, even though he himself is denying it or pretend that feeling didn't exist, but he knew well that what he was feeling with that quarter dark elf is not just a simple affection between dosaeng and hyung. he was denying it because he thinks that feeling is not necessary for his slacker life and is useless, especially during the war. Cale didn't need another burden to think about so he didn't really think about it and passed that issue to the back of his head, leaving it untouched.

then he heard the voices of the ancient power
-Cale... what's wrong with your body?
-Cale i'm sorry.. i'm really trying right now to get rid of it but i can't. i can only slow down it's growth

"Cale?"
Cale heard Alberu's voice calling for his name, but can't answer right away.
he is currently feeling pain and hard to breathe. it feels like something is stuck between his breathing pipe. cold sweat forming on his forehead.

'it's painful'
after sometime the vitality of the heart is finally slowly starting to reduce the pain. right now he can no longer feel the pain and can breathe again, but there is this unknown tightness in his chest. he then meets the deep dark brown eyes. he can see the look of concern in his eyes. the children and Choi Han also starting to surround Cale, worried.

"i'm okay, don't worry. i'm just exhausted, shall we find a restaurant we can eat?"
"Okay human!"
"meeoow"
"meoow"

'let's relaxed and think about what happened later'

then later that night after finished, Alberu went back to his palace and Cale, Choi Han , and the children are back to the super rock villa, Cale walk up to his room. Raon, On and Hong are currently sleeping in Cale's bed. Cale walk to the terrance of his room, he leaned forward and he could see the surrounding supper rock villa lighten up, the wind is blowing through Cale's long hair making it flutter, but Cale pay no attention since he's been focused to the tightness he's been feeling from that time.

'what is wrong with me?'
-i'm not sure, there is something growing in your lungs! i've been trying to get rid of it but i can't, i can only slowdown it's growth!
'something is growing inside of me? wha-'

*cough*

Cale cough up blood, it was quite an intense one cough, but that cough makes him feel a little better, it's like that tightness that stuck between his lungs is being pushed out. and yes, it did. Cale look at his bloodied hand

'flower petal?'

he could see a flower petal in his blood that is coming out from his cough earlier.

-Ca..le.. t-there is a.. a.. flower g-growing in your l-lungs..
'hah..', Cale scoff in disbelief
"ha-ahaha"

that night Cale laugh with a bitter smile. he look at the sky, even though it's an underground villa, he could see the super rock villa ceiling filled with bright stars.

"the star... Alberu..."