II - A flower from you

Back to Cale sighning in bed after coming back from the meeting. His head is filled with the record he remember his knowledge back when he is still Kim Rok Soo. it's about a fantasy illness that like to appears in movies and fantasy novels. there is even a children stories about that illness. who would have thought that fantasy illness would become true in this world Kim Rok soo is currently in.

Hanahaki Disease, it's a disease where the victim would vomit or cough up blood along with petals and flowers that is growing inside their lungs because of unrequited or one-sided love, that flower plant will keep growing and block the victim's lungs, making it hard to breathe, and eventually suffocate to death.

the only cure for this disease is for the victim have his love returned or they can remove the flowers from their lungs through surgical but, the victim will lose his feelings of love. after the flower is removed some even start to lose his memory of the person they love or lose the ability to ever love again.

'hmm.. a cure..'
Cale thinks of it over and over for the past 2 days, he even loses his peaceful sleep he usually have when they are on break from the war. that is probably why Alberu has a concern look on his face when he sees Cale

'hey.. how long will i last?'
- i'm not sure Cale, but when you look at Alberu earlier the flower is growing more rapidly
- Cale.. do you not want to remove it?

Baamm!

"Human! check out my new spell i learned! i'm getting more great and mighty!"
"Cale-nim, are you okay? Sorry to surprised you"

Haa...
Cale sighed, he was jolted surpried when Raon slammed open the window and flew toward Cale in a lightning speed, Choi Han jumped the terance when he followed Raon.

He then patted Raon and walk outside the terrance, he could see the Ron, On, Hong, Eruhaben, and the Wolf children training. he then head down from the terrance using the way of the wind, he approach the children who is greeting Cale and started to mention the new things they learned, wanting to be praised by Cale, he was stoic as usual but the when he pat the children there was warmth and gentle.

'yes.. right now i should spend my time with my family first'

the tightness in my chest become an existence of prove my love for you.
no matter where and when, i can feel your presence in my body

One evening when Cale is having lunch with the others, Ron, Choi Han, the children, Rosalyn, Lock, Hilsman, Beacrox is present in the living room. the table was so loud, the other were chatting and Cale was just listening to them. even though it's loud he finds everything is peaceful. he wished after the war they could still be happy and energetic like this.

"young master-nim, are you going to the capital today?", asked Ron
"yes, i need to talk about our upcoming plan"
"then, this butler will prepare your clothes"

.
.

Cale arrived at Alberu's office, there is Rosalyn, Crown prince Alberu, Raon, and Choi Han present in the room. Rosalyn and Alberu seem to be talking about Cale's plan, Raon is busy eating cookies, and Choi Han listening to their conversation.
Cale took a sip of the tea and sit there across Alberu in daze. he seem have a stoic expression looking at Alberu but he is not listening to any of the conversation alberu and Rosalyn have, well it's Cale's plan so Cale should know most of it.

Cale was thinking something at the moment, 'he's beautiful, i wonder if the full bloom flower that he gave inside of me is also beautiful'

-Cale...

the super rock seem to call Cale's name bitterly, he had asked Cale if he wanted to removed it, and Cale didn't answer. but it seems every of the ancient power inside of Cale knows that Cale is not going to remove it even if it kills him.

they all known from Cale record of what the risk from removing the flower surgically. so they just went silent, and the vitality of the heart trying it's best to slow down it's growth

Cale was looking at the Blonde in front if him, his heart seem to beat fast , blood running wildly and his chest starting to tighten.

drip.. dripp..

"Cale-nim!"
"Human! you're bleeding!"

Cale woke to his senses, and wiped the blood in his nose with his sleeve. he got a nose bleed. everyone in the room is looking at Cale with concern. Alberu walk up to Cale and hand him a handkerchief.

"Cale.. are you okay?" ,asked Alberu
Alberu is looking at him with concern. Cale took the handkerchief and start to wipe his bloodied nose. he look at the handkerchief, there is an innocent small bloodied petals lying there, fortunatelly the others doesn't seem to notice. Cale seem to know why he started to bleed. he remember what the ancient power said, that the flower grow rapidly when he is looking at Alberu. so the more he spend time with him the more of the tightness in his chest grow.

"i'm okay.. it looks like i'm a bit tired"
"then young master Cale, you should go back and rest, we'll meet when you are better" , said rosalyn
"thank you, miss Rosalyn"

Cale is back to his room in the super rock, and resting with the children

.

few weeks passed like nothing happened. Cale and his group continued to do things they usually do to pissed of Arm, looting and destroying using the fake arm outfit. his disease didn't hinder the ancient power so he can still use it like before, but the pain and suffocating feeling he felt is getting worse as day pass by.

baang, Baaaanggg

- Human! this is so fun! where should we loot next?, Raon asked while they could see another of bad guys safe is being destroyed.
"let's go to the south branch
- Okay human!

'haa.. so refreshing. destroying things is indeed the best for stress and pain relieve. i should do this more often' , Cale was thinking how his body could relaxed a bit, the pain and the feeling of suffocating is being forgotten when he destroy things and let out his power wildly. Cale thought of that while wiping of another blood from his mouth along with the petals.

i hate pain, i don't want to feel pain, but as long as i'm in love with you, all i can feel is pain
so let me enjoy this moment where i can still be with my family before you take me away

.
.

"Cale Henituse, you are dying"
"Ho" , Cale who is leaning on the sofa while biting his cookie smirk with amusement, he then look at Duke Fredo in front of him who is saying that he is dying with firm eyes, his eyes doesn't shake, it let Duke Fredo know that Cale already aware of his body

"right now your regenerative power is working hard in your body, tell me my son, do you have any illness or are you poisoned?"
"please keep it a secret from the others", it took Cale a while to answer but Cale didn't answer Duke Fredo's question, intead just asked to keep it a secret.

"...yes, but i hope you could settle it with your family eventually. they deserve to know"
"i'll handle it on my own"

Duke Fredo just stare at Cale bitterly who is not denying that he is dying and is trying to keep the burden to himself. Duke Fredo doesn't know why he is dying but he knows that Cure wasn't an option looking at how Cale accept it like it is something unavoidable. so he could only wait in silence. they continue to talk about the next move of the war

.
.

Finally a week before the big War is starting, all preparation are complete, all they need to do is wait for the day they would start the war.