Could Never Catch a Break

Taking a step forward Ayato grabbed Thoma by the shoulders, "This is not the time to be joking around!"

When Thoma's facial expression only grew more concerned, Ayato turned to you and met your eyes. They were just as tired as his, tired of all the running around.

He waved his hand in the air, " We're going to get a hold of this woman, one way or another." Without wasting time he dragged Thoma away by his forearm.

It was just you again, you could honestly just fall asleep now and wait things for things to sort themselves out, but something deep inside you kept you from collapsing onto the cool wooden floor.

Picking yourself up, you stumbled to the doorway and looked down the hallway at the group of guards talking. Inhailing deeply you stood straight and walked up to them, " Have the Fatui memers been cleaned up yet?" Arms carefully folded on top of each other as you stared at the guards who had frozen aa your stern voice.

One of them spoke up and pushed his hair back, "We cleaned up three of them-"

That's all you needed to hear, "There were five of them, assist me in cleaning up the other two if you would like to get praised by Lord Ayato." Waiting a moment you saw the hint of a smile creep onto his lips, like a dog getting praised by it's owner.

He quickly turned to the others and motioned his head, as if on cue they all ran towards the door. As they left it dawned on you that it was now your job to clean up the mess Ayato left, blood made you feel nauseous, no matter if it was an open wound or just a small paper cut.

The shiver tracing down your spine sent you back to reality, you turned the corner and saw the cleaning station at the end of the hall, the door was left open. As you walked towards it there just happened to be everything except a clean rag, the only ones available were the ones hanging on the drying rack outside.

You grit your teeth, "Wasting so much time on everything today. . ." Muttering curses under your breath as you uncliped the damo rags.

Looking to the side it would save more time if you just vaulted over he balcony, and before you could even decide if it was the right decision you were already over the railing.

Feet planting on the ground you stumbeled a bit and watched as the guards lifted the last Fatui member away, his blood dripping onto the ground. Your face scrunched as you turned, you swore you could hear the blood drip each time.

Maybe it would've been better to get a maid to clean up the mess, the puddle of blood was absolutely massive. You could've laid down in the deep puddle of crimson red, those thoughts disgusted you even more. Bending down to start soaking up the blood, you were wondering if a rag would even cut it at this point. 

You looked back at the balcony and saw a mop hanging lazily over the railing. Deciding to just go for that, your mission was cut short when you heard footsteps.

Running and crouching into a bush just outside the front gates you watched the man approach the scene. He looked behind him before reaching into his messenger bag, clearly seeing the blood he didn't seem all that intimidated by it.

Once realizing the coast was clear, he got on one knee and was reading for something. That's when you finally realized what he was pulling out his bag was a kamera, a high quality one at that, it had color and everything.

You couldn't afford for that picture to get out to the public, you've gone through so much and you weren't ready for it to go to waste just yet.

Feeling for a rock in the grass you quickly found one with rough edges, wrapping your fingers around it you got up from the bush.