Interruptions

The sun was going to rise in one or two hours, there wasn't much of a point to trying to wake you up if Ayato didn't want to cause a scene.

You collapsed onto the ground out of no where, the only sign that you gave was swaying and not responding, he should've seen it sooner.

With a sigh Ayato picked you up, he looked at the bandages as he walked through the city, luckily they were in tact but the ones on your feet couldn't tell the same story.

Ayato started skipping every other step to get up to the estate faster, clutching you tighter in his arms and leaning your head towards his chest.

Your face was peaceful, he envied you. To have such tranquility after such a stressful situation not even the head of the Kamisato clan could not even begin to grasp the concept of, there was so much to do he couldn't even get the chance too.

Reaching the top of the steps, the guards spotted Ayato and cleared the way instantly. They stayed quiet when they saw you in his arms, his face was serious and in deep thought.

The only thought racing through his head was how he was going to deal with the Fatui who dared to mess with you.

First he would drag them to somewhere no one could see them, then he would keep them in place while making them bleed slowly. He thought that would be too easy on them, how could they go along with hurting an innocent person such as you?

By the time Ayato finished his plan, you were already lying in his bed. Hair falling perfectly on the pillows, and the blanket keeping you in place. Finally, you were safe.

Going on his knees Ayato leaned over and caught you in a tight embrace, after today, he would never let you out of his sights again. You're too precious to him to get hurt, to have others take you away.

That's right, you were his, and he wasn't going to let his treasures get damaged. Even the tiniest scratch was unacceptable. Ayato took your wrist and rubbed it against his cheek. " Soft. . ."

Your skin was soft, everything about you was ravishing. Moving your wrist to his lips, placing gentle kisses around it. " Mine. . ."

Placing your hands back down on the futon, he stood up and turned towards the door, looking back at you once more before shutting it.

Picking up his sword on the way out, no one dared to interupt him as he walked out of the estate once more. The blank expression on his face said all they needed to know.

Ayato eventually made it to the area where you left the Fatui, they were just about to thaw out of the ice you trapped them in. He couldn't help but let a smile creep onto his face, you did such a good job by yourself, he would have to praise you once he got back home.

The first Fatui dragged him out of his pleasant daydream when he heard him gasping for air.

"Finally!" The man wearing a trench coat stood up and felt around himself. Then he made eye contact with Ayato, something immediately felt off.

Ayato's expression shifted, he was pissed. He got into his battle stance and slid his sword out, with a soft and sharp shing,the Fatui would no longer be a problem.

The next member stood up, Ayato didn't waste another moment and instantly lunged at her. His sword swiftly cutting though her neck, blood spewing onto his robes.

He pouted and look at his crimson stained sleeves, " I can't let her see this, she'll start worrying again." Ayato sighed and turned to look at the final member, but he wasn't there.

Looking up he heard the sound of heavy breathing coming from behind, once he turned Ayato was thrown into a nearby tree, a shiver being sent up his spine once he made contact with the tree.