01: Her

01: HER

Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.

-Lemony Snicket

══════════•°••°•═════════

Yuan Chen

"Thanks" I said to my chauffeur as he closed the door of the black Rolls Royce Phantom and bowed to me before getting back on the car and driving off.

I watch the car stir up dust in its wake before raising my wrist and bringing my watch on my view while tapping my foot on the ground impatiently.

It's already 8:45, where the hell is Amaya?

I noticed how some students look at me, curiosity evident in their gaze. Sabi na nga ba at takaw tingin ang sasakyan na iyon. I would have used the other one but sadly, coding nu'n ngayon so I was left with no choice.

I recently transferred here at United College of the Pacific or UCP from NYC and I don't know my way around the campus. I enrolled online kaya ngayon lang ako nakatapak dito. Exploring around will only earn me a higher chance of getting lost and it is a waste of time so I require my friend, Amaya's assistance. Kung wala akong kailangan sa kanya, malamang sa malamang ay kanina pa ako umalis dito sa kinatatayuan sa labas ng university.

Just when I was about to curse the hell put of my friend, she hopped (yes hopped) to my way looking like a bunny who's high with a shit-eating smirk plastered on her face.

"Good morning Miss Kuripot~" she greets in a singsong voice not minding the stares she's getting due to her stupid stunt earlier.

"Get your face away from me Amaya Lobrete please. Hindi good ang morning ko dahil sa mukha mo." I said and pushed her annoying face out of my way.

The girl let out a childish 'hmph'.

I looked around me and noticed two of my personal body guards just a few meters away from where we stand both wearing civilian clothing and watching the surrounding with bright, alert eyes.

At least they aren't wearing those suits and sunglasses. I think to myself. I had enough of the attention.

"So, what do you think of UCP huh?" Proud na tanong sa akin ni Amaya habang nakapameywang pa.

I rolled my eyes at her and hindi na pinansin ang tanong nito, "we're almost late. How about we go our way already?" I said plainly before taking a deep breath and walking inside the university premises.

My guards, able to get an access granted followed suit still maintaining a respectable distance.

"Grabe, ang lala pala natin nung Sabado. Ikaw kase, ayaw magbayad. 'Kala mo naman naghihirap na kayo." Natatawang wika ni Amaya habang sumasabay sa lakad ko. I am taller than her that's why she quickens her pace in order to catch up to me. I see no point in slowing down that's why I did not bother to do so. Besides, we only have a bit of time left. I don't know if it's enough to attend our first course in time.

I looked at her and deadpanned, "money does not grow on trees Amaya besides, ikaw itong nag-offer, who am I to refuse? I'm just being practical." I shrugged

"Wow, you speak as if your frugal frugal lifestyle is normal. This humble student has learned a new thing, thanks to the great guru Yuan Chen." Amaya even put her hands together and bowed to me although I know it's just sarcasm.

"In this economy, I don't find anything wrong with what I did. Well, aside from the fact that I forcibly kissed someone." I said whispering the last sentence. Of course may konsensiya ako at alam kong mali iyong ginawa ko. But that moment where it seemed like I'm locked in the trance, that was a first and I'll be lying if I say I do not want to feel it again. I even went back to Oblivion the next night hoping to catch a glimpse of that woman with the hazel eyes but sadly, my chances are low, almost zero.