Chapter 4

"Im happy that you are back." He said leaning against the door frame looking at the ground. You seem very happy being that you kissed another girl.

All I did was smile. The thought of what I've been seeing came to mind and my smile disappeared.

"What did you see?" He walked closer to me.

"I don't want to talk about it." I was surprised by how fast and harsh it came out. I bowed my head and took a breathe. I'm 19 years old almost 20, I shouldn't have this much stress in my life. I'm going to die in 5 years if this all continues.

I finished packing and Talen walked down with me. I didn't see everyone so we just left. I'm going to see them again. I promised myself that. I also left my finished CD on my dresser. My remakes of my moms songs and the songs I just felt like singing, even the one I just sung.

"Wait..." I dropped the bags and I ran to the spot I never thought I would see again.

"Mom..Dad....The next time I come...there will be no such thing as Christian Young. I would use his real name but I'll save that just for him. I love you guys...watch out for me please." I sent kisses up to them and ran back. I hopped in the car and turned my head with a smile towards Talen but I didn't see Talen. I saw Christian. I jumped out of the car and ran about 10 feet and picked up a branch for self defense.

"Stay away from me!" I screamed. He got out of the car and when he looked at me, it was Talen. I'm going crazy. I dropped the stick and walked back getting into the car. He didn't even ask me about it. I'm glad he didn't.

***

The sun went down and we were stuck in traffic. We still have a day's drive ahead of us. Talen told me where we were going and I'm sorta happy but then I'm not at the same time. He is taking me home. To my ex home. We are going from California to Florida. We have 16 hours and 43 minutes left. We have already driven 24 hours.

"Kora...Can we-Never mind." He turned the music up to avoid conversation. Being the stubborn me, I turned the radio off and looked at him. My left leg was up on the seat as my back was leaning on the door.

"Can we what?" I ate a grape and sat there waiting for a response.

"I said never mind Kora." Oh so he is bringing out the first names now?

"Well, Talen." I said his name louder and more bold. "I don't care what you said, we are going to talk about it."

"Talk about what?"

"You are unbelievable." I rolled my eyes and looked out of my window. White and Red lights covered the whole area.

An hour passed and so did an awkward silence.

"You did to talk now because I'm sick of the silence. We have been stuck in traffics for 2 hours and I can't stand the silence any longer. Say it or I'll get out of this car and walk myself."

"No you won't." I opened the door and walked out. I put up the middle finger and walked down the long line of cars.

I heard a car door shut behind me and Talen's voice yelling for me to stop.

I held my head high and kept walking until Talen caught up and turned me around.

"If you get in the car, I'll talk to you but please get back in the car." I didn't even take the time to respond. When I reached the car, I opened the door with such force and did the same when I shut it.

He shut his door and turned to me after making sure the cars weren't moving.

"I want to talk about us. I mean we never officially broke up and I don't want to...i just want to know how you feel towards me. I've been getting mixed signals from you and I'm going insane."

"If we are still together then that means you cheated on me."

"I didn't know she was going to kiss me! And how do I know that you didn't cheat on me?" Oh hell no. With Christian? Shit is about to go down.

"If you count rape and drugging someone to kiss you cheating then yes I did cheat on you plenty of times." His mouth closed.

"I forgot that-"

"Yeah...you forgot." I nodded my head slowly and stared out into the traffic.

He took my hand into his and I felt tears coming but I swallowed them down.

I looked over to him with watery eyes and sniffled.

"Promise me that you won't let him take me again. Promise me. I can not go back there."

"I promise Kora." He leaned in to me and my heart started beating fast. He stopped when our lips were just about to touch making sure I was okay.

Someone honked behind us and I jumped. I was upset that we didn't kissed but glad at the same time.

We both looked ahead and cars were about 100 feet ahead of us. He hit the gas and we were on our way.

***

Seeing my house for the first time in about 3 years was very strange. And yes, the house is in my name. Jacqueline promised that she would help me pay for it. The thought of my brother came to mind when I looked at the perfect green grass out front.

"Your it!!!" He yelled and I ran after him.

"Not for long little bro!" I laughed and jumped towards him. My pinky finger touched him but landed sideways when I fell to the ground.

"Ahh!!!!"

"Kora!!!" My brother ran to my side and looked everywhere for my mom.

"She is probably on the phone..." I hiss in pain. I looked at my crooked pinky and sucked in a breathe. My other fingers cracked my pinky where it was supposed to be. Tears fell freely as I bit my lip trying to get rid of the pain.

I'm probably never going to be taken to the hospital.

I looked down at my slightly crooked pinky. It never healed correctly obviously and I was never taken to the hospital.

I looked up again and took out my key that hasn't been put in this door for years. My house seemed so differently. I looked up the stairs and jumped back hitting my head.

"Leave me alone!!!" Christian stood there smiling. He came down running towards me and had a knife. His arm sliced down and he disappeared into mid air.

"Kora! Are you okay?!" He knelt down by my side. I nodded fast and stood up brushing myself off. Memory led me back to my room. Everything was still here. I went under neath my bed and pulled out my whole computer set. It was almost the same thing I had at the hotel.

"You like to hide things under your bed."

"Keep that thought in mind." I laughed.

I turned everything on and set the security alarm and all of the cameras that I set up. I checked all of the cameras making sure they were all clear.

I looked at Talen and half smiled. In the corner of my eye I saw something flash. My heart started racing and sweat ran down my fingers. The last time I saw that...no. Kora stop thinking that.

"What?" He looked confused.

"Let's just say I have a lot of...secrets."

A lot.