Chapter 5

I unpacked all of my bags and put them in my drawers. When I finished, I walked over to my bed, laid on it, and looked at the ceiling.

Why does my life have to be so miserable? I just want a normal life. I want things to go back the way they used to be before my mom and dad got to be workaholics. And yes, there once was a time they weren't.

A knock came to the door and I opened it to find a emotionless Talen.

"Why do you look like a stoic? An emotionless person."

"I came to tell you that I'm leaving tonight so I can get back to college, I just want to make sure you're safe first."

"Safe? I'm not safe! Ever! He will find me and I'm going to die and quite frankly I don't want to die! I'm not ready to die yet!"

"Kora, you are safe. Do you really think he is going I think that you are here?"

"Yes of course he is! This is going to be the very first thing that pops in his mind!"

Talen's face was unreadable. Before I knew it, he grabbed my hand and pulled me into his chest. My arms wrapped around his torso.

******

"Can you go get food? I'm starving!" I whine from my awaken sleep. He nods and leans in for a kiss but I stop him.

"Umm...we aren't together anymore....." Awkward tension fills the room. He nods and pain stabs me in the back. He walks out of my bedroom and a few seconds later I here the front door shut. My eyes look at my clock and in bright reads numbers it reads 7:15 pm.

I roll my eyes before getting up and walking down stairs. I took a water from the case we brought with us. My mouth was dry and my throat got sore over my sleep.

Knock. Knock. Knock. My ears heard a knock on the glass window. heart started to race. I grabbed a knife and followed the noise. Rain poured down on the window pane while lightning struck, setting a flash of light all over the world. A human figure came out from the darkness and his smile made me froze. All of my training changed me. Fear and newbie was overcame by anger and skills.

In a blink of an eye, he was gone. That is when I heard the front door open. My knowledge of the house led me to the unknown other side to the front door.

My eyes laid on the back of him when I flipped him of his feet, got on top of him and put the knife up.

"Woah! Woah! Woah!" My hardened face loosened and I dropped the knife beside him. My upper body collided with Talens and I cried into his chest. At first, he didn't know what to do. His body tightened but that changed really quick. He wrapped his arms around me. He picked me up and carried me up to my room.

Talens shoulder was now soaked in my tears. He lowered my back onto my bed and tucked me in.

"Get some sleep okay? We are leaving in the morning." He started to walk out but my fear got the best of me.

"Wait!" He turned around confused. "Can you lay with me tonight? I keep seeing his face again, I just can't ha-" He cut me off when he climbed over me and pulling my close to his chest. His lips touched my ear and my body reacted in a way that he felt. Goosebumps covered me.

"I'll never leave your side till the day I die." My heart warmed and this unexplainable feeling hit me. I turned myself to face him and I buried my face in his chest. He held me tighter and kissed my forehead.

I shut my eyes and let myself fall asleep, leaving my safety into the arms of Talen.

******

The sun woke my up when Talen opened my window curtains.

"I'm blind!" I screamed cover my eyes with the covers.

"Come on.We are leaving remember?"

The last words stung in my mind. We are leaving remember.

My body jumped up and I zipped up my suit case.

"Let's go!"

"You aren't going to wash your face, put your contacts in....brush your teeth?" I laughed and put my hair in a messy bun. I slipped on my black squarish glasses. I didn't mind to put on a shirt because I had a sports bra on and that's comfortable for me. My sweat pants were a little low so I picked them up some.

"Now I'm ready."

I think.