Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Let's go!!" I yell to Cass. She ran after me into the huge fields. I turn around for her to catch up. Her face and then body shows over the hill and her face looks terrified. My eyes squint to see what she seemed to be running from. The one and only. Christian.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!!" I scream at the top of my lungs. He pulls up a gun and fires it at her head, then points it at me shooting me in the stomach. Pain shot everywhere around my body. His face came into view and so did the gun.

BANG! My eyes blinked but when I opened them, Christian was no longer there. I tried to get up but I found myself in a total different setting. My wrists were tied down, so were my ankles. I didn't even try to break out of it because we both know that I'm not strong enough.

"Well, well, well...look what we have here.." a grin plastered on his face.

Now I tried to get out. I slipped my wrists out and punched him in the face. Then I quickly untied my ankles.

I set myself up to fight but when I looked around, I saw a body lying still. It was...It was Talen. I stopped in my tracks and I sucked in breathe losing it all as it went in.

Tears fell one after another. "No." I whispered softly and in defeat. "No. No. No." I looked up when a loud bang caught my attention.

"Talen!!!!" I was tucked in a bed and sweat surrounded me.
Foot stomps came up the steep stairs and his face appeared making my body relax. I ran to him and hugged him. I pulled away putting both hands on his face making sure I wasn't still dreaming.

"Are you okay?!" He breathed heavily. "You had me scared to death!"

"Im sorry." I hug him again and he holds me tight.

******

We have been hiding up here for a month now. Don't get me wrong it's amazing up here but I don't get any sleep. I probably wouldn't get any sleep anywhere but there's something about here that makes it worse and I don't know what.

Every night I have flash backs on what he did to me or I get flash backs from when I was young. That girl Cassidy seems to be someone I knew. I just can't remember, like it's blocked or something.

I've had this knot in my stomach ever since that one dream that felt so real. I woke up crying, screaming and I punched Talen in the face ad started running out the house. When I saw the full moon shining down on my face, I was out of the trance and turned around to see Talen standing there out of breathe and sweating. His face looked shocked and broken. Not in literally terms broken but you get the point. Ever since that day, Talen and I have been distance. To be honest, I think it's for the best, I don't want Christian seeing that I still care for him as much as I did before I was taken. He will use him against me and I don't know if I could handle that.

I have no clue if this distance is killing him as much as it kills me. When night comes, I watch the sunset off the back. I used to look back and see Talen looking too from the house but now I see nothing. I'm scared to ask if something happened because I always seem to make things worse.

But today is the day I have decided to say something. During breakfast instead of awkward silence, I'll get to the bottom of it.

I walked downstairs and stopped when I hit the door out to the hallway/kitchen. Something was wrong. I ran back upstairs and grabbed something I hid in my bag. Everyone has their specialty of a weapon and mine just so happen to be bow and arrow, fist, but most importantly, knives. I've always had perfect aim. When I got my knives, I tip toed down the steps quietly. Silence filled everywhere but so did tension.

As I looked my head both ways, I put a knife in both of my throwing hands. I turned left and shut the front door and locked it, quietly with no sound. I opened the bathroom door and no one was in there. Then I walked out into the kitchen/living room checking every where.

No one was home. But I had a feeling of someone watching me. Noise came from the front door as the lock unlocked. My right hand went up to my left shoulder with the knife and when the door open, my right arm crossed my body and landed straight into the door frame next to the persons head. I do that to startle my attackers so I get the upper hand advantage.

Their face finally appeared and I saw that it was only Talen. I looked around searching for someone else but no sight of them. I could still feel their eyes on me, watching me panic. My heart raced and I turned around in circles searching, my world spun faster and then it just stopped. Loud noise covered the silence and pain out of no where came running through my body. I looked to Talen with saddened eyes and fell, hitting my head on the arm of the couch before falling into a deep black hole.