Epilouge

"Jackson!! Alexa!!!! I have a surprise for you!" I yell upstairs to my twins. I hear their little foot steps coming down the stairs.

"Happy Birthday my sweet children!" I carry out a huge cake. The cake was full on Star Wars. Alexa jumped up and down and Jackson pumped his fist in the air.

The door bell rang and the twins ran for the door. I walked after them trying to see who it was and my heart stopped. I dropped the cake and covered my mouth with my hands.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!!! Your back! Your back!!" They jumped on him and he brought them so close and whispered something into their ears. He put them down and they ran back up stairs.

Water was filling my eyes. Talen has been gone for so long that I was scared he was killed during battle. Everyday, I was waiting for men to be standing at my door with a letter telling me that my husband was lost or killed. I cried every day just thinking about it.

"Kora...." I took a step back and looked him in the eyes. I saw a flash of hurt. I put my hands down and ran to him, jumping into his arms and wrapping my legs around him.

"I missed you so much." I cried. "I was so scared that you weren't coming back to me. I was so scared. I didn't want to lose you again." I cried into his shoulder.

"Do you remember what I promised you?" I nodded.

"I will never, ever leave you. When I was out at battle, I was shot, multiple of times. They told me that they don't know how I survived. I told them that it was because I told my wife and kids that I wouldn't leave them. I also promised our kids that I would be home for their 5th birthday." I hugged him tighter before pulling away and looking into his eyes.

Talen brought his lips to mine. It was a hungry, passionate kiss. My heart mourned him like crazy and now I have him. I made a promise to myself the day I thought Talen died that if I ever got him back, i would never let him go. I pulled away first.

"Yeah, as much as I miss you and love you, I need to make them a new cake." I laughed as did Talen. "I'll help."

He placed me down and we went to the kitchen to make the best cake our kids have ever tasted.

We were laughing and having fun. It was all like a dream to me. I looked at Talen while he was "singing" and went down memory lane.

******

Talen.

My eyes widened and I ran into his arms.

"I thought you were dead."

"Do you remember that promise I made you? I promised to never leave you." He hugged me tighter and pulled away. My hands grabbed his neck and pushed his face to mine.

That was the first night Talen and I made love together.

The next morning, I woke everyone up and brought them downstairs. Then I ran into the kitchen and grabbed Talen. Everyone was so shocked that they thought they were dreaming.

A year later on my birthday, Talen proposed. I immediately said yes. During this time, Talen also told me that he was joining the army. I was upset but happy for him. We got married before he had to go away for training. I couldn't speak to him for a year.

I've never felt so lonely in my life. Then we got to one call a day and sending letters. 4 years later when he got to come home, I found out that I was pregnant. Only to find out that we had two babies cooking. Talen was out fighting for our country when I gave birth to them. He was so ashamed of himself that he wasn't there for me. He said that his babies are gonna hate him but I told him that his twins will love him. I told him that when they get older they are going go look up to him because he is an amazing role model. That no matter what, he is their father and they will love him to the moon and back.

Then their was the hard part.

I got a letter saying Talen was missing. I cried for months. The 9th month, they told me that he was found and was okay. Just a few cuts. He was almost captured by the enemy and got lost, trying to get away. He was sent home for a year and then was drafted out again. It all got so confusing and hard.

Talen actually thought that I was going to leave him. He looked so sad and I told him that never once have I thought about leaving him.

4 years later and here we are, still happy and every day I love him more and more. I didn't think I could love him anymore but I am and I do.

"Babe? You okay? You were like staring into space." I blinked a couple times and smiled.

"Everything is fine." For the first time in my life, everything was perfect. I had children, a husband...a family. I wouldn't trade this life for the world. 10 years ago I wouldn't have ever thought being happy was going to be in my future but now, I know that I have plenty of happiness to last a life time.

"Everything is perfect." I whisper again and Talen looks at me and smiles.