S1, E2: Eye of the Beholder Part 2

Season 1, Episode 2: Eye of the Beholder Part 2

"Get us out of here!"

"Hiccup!"

Dagur laughs maniacally. "Isn't this exciting? What will he choose, ladies and gentlemen? Saving his friends or capturing his mortal enemy, his brother!"

Leave me, I want to shout at him. Leave me and go save Astrid. Then you can both find me, but save Astrid!

Luckily, he flies back to the sinking Reaper.

"Hmm. Disappointing, but oh, so typically Hiccup." Dagur says.

In the distance, I hear everyone do their dragon calls. That means Astrid is safe. And they'll be here soon for the rescue party, but that doesn't matter as much. I shift around in the ropes holding me to the mast, trying to escape, but it's to tight for now.

"Amazing. I've never seen anything quite like this." Dagur says, I assume holding the item Hiccup handed over.

"Me, neither." says Savage, Dagur's right hand man, who used to be Alvin's right hand man. "What do you suppose it is?"

"Don't ask ridiculous questions, Savage!" Dagur yells. "Just know this— it's mine now, all mine!" Dagur bursts into giggles.

Just then, a familiar weight lands on my shoulder. Saviour! He's back! And that means that Vision isn't far behind. I try to listen for him. And wouldn't you know, not too far away, I hear the soft flapping of Vision's wings. Since I can still feel the fog on my face, Vision must be using it as cover.

"Now, what exactly is it that you do?" Dagur asks.

Saviour starts slicing the ropes holding me to the mast. As they fall away, I hold them in place, making it seem like they're still binding me.

I hear the faint sound of Toothless coming closer. The whistling this wings make as he dives really give him away, but there's nothing we can do to fill that.

"Tell Dagur, now. That's it." Dagur keeps saying. "Don't be afraid. Tell Daddy Dagur."

With the ropes all cut, Saviour flies to a different part of the ship, before coming back with my weapons and a pouch of gems. Saviour starts ferrying pouches of gold and jewels into my pockets, until the time is right.

"Uh, Dagur?" Savage says.

"Ugh! What now?!" Dagur shouts at Savage. "Another stupid question?!"

"More of an observation." Savage says.

Using the time as Dagur is distracted, I make a run for it. With Saviour on my shoulder and my weapons all on me, I suddenly burst away from the mast and run to the side of the ship. I use the railing of the ship to boost me over the side and I jump off.

Not a even a second after jumping, Vision catches me on his back. We immediately fly straight up, nearly crashing into Hiccup and Toothless as they snatch the item from Dagur's clutches.

"Thank you kindly." Hiccup and I say together, before flying back towards the rest of the gang.

Dagur gasps, then grunts, before screaming a war cry. I hear the sounds of crossbows and our dragons spin out of the way, before flying out of their range.

"Good for you, Hiccup! Good for you!" Dagur's fading voice shouts. "But I got all the gold! You hear me? All the gold! All. The. Gold!"

"Well, all the gold, aside from the ones Saviour sneaked into my pockets." I say to Hiccup.

"I'm so sorry I left you in his clutches." Hiccup immediately apologizes.

"What? Why are you apologizing?" I ask. "This was the best outcome. Our friends are safe, Astrid is safe, our dragons are back, you have that item, I have a small fortune, and I'm not marrying Dagur. This could not have gone better."