S1, E8: Crushing It

S1, E8: Crushing It

"AHHHHH!!!!!!!! INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT!!!! OW, OW, OW! THAT'S THE THIRD TIME THIS WEEK!!!"

Snotlout's pained screams of alarm wakes me up and I jump to my feet, Saviour and Astrid steadying me.

I hear a splash and a sigh of relief as Snotlout quenches his butt in a water trough. "Ahhhh. Sweet relief."

"The Rumblehorn!" I call out.

"It's headed for the eastern beach." Hiccup answers.

"Come on, you guys!" I say as I scramble onto Vision's back and we take off.

We land around a trap and Hiccup says, "Finally. We got it! Everybody stay back."

"I didn't think it would be so smelly." Tuff says, ignoring Hiccup.

"I didn't think it would be so hairy." Ruff adds.

Wait a minute. Smellier and hairier than a dragon? That could only be one creature...

"You try shaving with a hook for an arm!" Gobber retorts.

...Gobber.

"The Rumblehorn talks! Quick, smack it!" Tuff says.

"Cut me down, you simpleton!" Gobber shouts.

"And it's got a bad attitude." Ruff says.

"Eh, never mind!"

Gobber slices through the net and lands on his feet.

"Gobber, what did you do with our Rumblehorn?" Tuff asks.

"Rumblehorn? What's a Rumblehorn?" Gobber asks.

"A new dragon that's been trying to chase us off the island." I say.

"Yeah, is and everything else." Astrid adds.

"We've been trying to catch it and relocate it." Hiccup explains.

"Yet we caught you. Yay, us." Snotlout says sarcastically.

"You're trying to catch a dragon with a net that can't hold a one-legged, one-armed Viking?" Gobber asks. "Amateurs."

"In our defence, none of us ever finished your dragon training." I say.

"Not too late to club him still." Tuff says. "I can give him a little 'Ah! Uh!' You know, 'uh, uh, uh!' "

"Yeah, we should just get back and check on the dragon base." Hiccup says.

Tuff grumbles, but we fly back anyway. We land and I dismount.

"Well, let's see what you've done with the place." Gobber says. We stop and Gobber says, "It looks very, well—"

"Trashed!" Astrid exclaims.

"Your words, not mine." Gobber says.

I sigh and get back onto Vision. Every time the Rumblehorn comes through, it becomes a major hazard for me.

"The Rumblehorn must have hit us while we were out chasing you." Hiccup says.

"Last chance. I can still club him." Tuff says. "Come on, club, club, club. Join the club."

"Tuff." I warn.

"As much as I love a good clubbing, even my own, it will have to wait." Gobber says. The others move out to start repairs as Gobber continues, "You, Nara and I need to talk. I've come with disturbing news about your father."

"Is he all right?" I ask.

"Oh, he's fine." Gobber says.

"That's a relief." Hiccup says.