S1, E4: When Darkness Falls

Season 1, Episode 4: When Darkness Falls

Well, it turns out that Snotlout isn't any better than the dragons at choosing an island.

For example, let's use our latest island. Hiccup suggested that he and Snotlout explore the island on foot. It wasn't an hour later when we hear their screams as they're chased by something(s)

"Oh, well, we should probably go save my brother." I say.

"I guess so." Astrid says.

Stormfly and Vision start heading towards the sounds of screams. As we arrive, I hear the squealing of boars. Stormfly and Vision fly up and blast a line between the boars and the boys. The boars turn and flee, squealing in terror. Saviour roars after them, trying to be all intimidating.

"Okay, so check that island off the list." Hiccup says once everyone is back in the air.

"Whoo-hoo-hoo, this is so exciting." Fishlegs cheers. "Searching the high seas for an island outpost to call our own."

"Yeah, I like this idea." Ruff agrees. "Move away from Berk, get my own place, away from you-know-who."

"Yeah, you're telling me, sister." Tuff agrees. "I am so sick of you-know-who. He never knows went to shut up. I want him out of here."

"Hey, guys, let's focus." I say. "As you all know, we need to find an island that's safe, secure and habitable for both us and the dragons."

"Blah, blah, blah. How many times do we have to hear that?" Snotlout complains.

"Um, until we find what we're looking for." Hiccup says. "Let's check this one out."

We dive down to get a better look at the island. We do a full sweep of the island. Seeing nothing wrong, we land. Everyone dismounts, but I stay mounted, mainly because I don't want to fall off a cliff of a new island.

"Not bad, not bad." Hiccup says. "Lots of fresh water, seems like a plentiful food supply."

"And lots of cool blue flowers." Ruff says, before smelling them. "I'm in."

Astrid asks, "Wait, aren't those—"

Fishlegs gasps. "Blue oleander. Deadly poisonous to dragons."

"So, we're not staying?" Tuff asks.

Barf n Belch blow up the flowers in their hands as we all take off. We fly to the next island on the chart.

As we descend through the clouds, Fishlegs says, "Oh, this island is beautiful. I even like those weird dots all over the—"

"Those aren't dots!" Hiccup shouts. "They're Whispering Death holes!"

Two of the tunnelling Boulder Class dragons surface as Snotlout says, "Been there, done that."

"Next!" Astrid and I say.

The next one was actually the first one we went to, because Fishlegs forgot to cross it off the list.

And finally, we came to a new island, with seemingly no faults.

"This seems pretty good." Hiccup says.

"Those cliffs could work." Astrid says. "Good sight lines, easily defendable."

"The location is great." Fishlegs adds.

"It's perfect." Ruff says.

"Yeah. Too perfect." Tuff remarks. "I'm just saying, in the immortal words of the mighty Thor, 'When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks.' "

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure Thor never said anything remotely like that." I say.

"Oh, really? How do you know?" Tuff asks. "Do you know Thor? Have you talk to him recently?"