three.

third person - natasha romanoff | first person - y/n

-

Natasha had her gun steadied at the woman, standing above Kara.

The woman had, obviously, noticed Nat by now. A flash of panic went through her eyes, that even in the dark Natasha could see.

The woman smiled shyly, lifting her hands by her head to prove her innocence.

She mouths something to Natasha, but she doesn't realize what it is until she's already gone.

She said, "Sorry, wrong room!"

Nat opens the door, rushing down the corridor and trying to look for the sleek woman in any window she can.

She loses the woman, heaving. Now what does she do?

Nat rushes all the way back across the building, back to her room. She shakes the Supergirl awake.

"Hey, uh, sorry about this- but I'm pretty sure someone's trying to break in."

"What?" Kara sits straight up in the bed, swinging her legs around and rising. "That's impossible. We have too much security and you have to.."

Kara starts mumbling to herself, so low that Natasha can no longer hear.

"What did they look like?" Kara asks, looking panicked.

"Oh, um, female, tight leather suit, tiny little ears,"

"Catwoman!" Kara holds her chest in relief. "Oh, god, I really thought it was a real threat."

"What do you mean? She was totally trying to pry the window open."

Kara nods. "I mean, it's not like she's with us, with us, but it's unspoken that she doesn't really commit crimes against us anymore.

Besides, maybe she was just looking for Y/N." Natasha spikes at this.

"Why would she be looking for Y/N?"

"Well, Silena and Y/N used to be friends."

-

"Hey, dad, I'm sorry I really need to go!" Dad smiles at me and kisses my cheek.

"Master Bruce has already left for a meeting as well, so you will not be seeing him this morning if that's what you're worried about."

"Oh, no, it's an.. er.. a work thing." Dad nods, seeming to understand.

"Well, if it's so important, go on!"

-

I rush into the Justice League meeting room, half of a bagel in my mouth for safe keeping.

I, of course, was expected to bring the records the one day when I was clumsiest.

The Avengers keep a brief list of Villains and their weaknesses, along with profiling tactics and things of the such. These things are kept on paper so that they cannot be hacked, and this time they were left in my hands.

And I fell twice on the way over here.

I sigh, and everyone looks to me.

"Y/N, you finally decide to show!" Tony says, poking fun but also serious.

"I am so sorry, everyone. I had a late start, and I won't bore you with details but my morning has been especially chaotic." I place my bagel down on a glass plate near my seat.

I start handing out the paper I had printed with some particular things that seem to apply to TUM.

"Here, on these papers, are some profiles for them. I did some research last night on the casualties and fatalities of each of his victims. It seems so far nothing has been personal, which probably takes any type of severe mental illness out of the equation.

The only death seemed to be an accident, and the victim before hand was high-risk so it doesn't seem like he's out to kill. Maybe, more like Loki, he's just looking to start some chaos and watch the world burn.

We don't know his motive, but we do know a few of his tactics. Sometimes, he'll do something that seems predictable and then does the exact opposite thing. He's very involved with the media and the public, making him more of a celebrity than a criminal. I think he's using this as a stronger basis of his whole chaos deal."

I finish explaining and passing out the papers, sitting down at my seat and flattening my skirt.

I can't help but notice that Batman is still in his suit. Why? We took a pledge of confidentiality. Whatever.

He might just be paranoid.

"I also have some notes on there of ways we can combine our powers, but that is simply afterthoughts that I had in the moment." I pause, trying to gage everyone's expressions and how they feel.

"Any questions?"

Glasses guy nods approvingly, and I get less tense.

"I'm impressed." He looks up, pressing his glasses up. He reaches over the table to shake my hand, right over Sam.

I shake it, smiling at him.

"Clark Kent."

"Y/N Pennyworth." Clark smiles at me.

"She's just showing off for you guys, she's not normally this good." Tony says, and I roll my eyes at him.

"You're just embarrassed that you didn't do all of the research." I point at him.

To this, Tony rolls his eyes.

"Right, so, if we could all introduce ourselves before we proceed." Clark says.

"Okay, man, let's do this theatre style." Sam says, sitting up in his chair. Everyone looks at him weird.

"What, y'all never did theatre in high school? You say your name, your grade, and your role. So like, I'm Sam Wilson and I'm the Falcon." Still no one says anything.

"I remember that." I say, and Sam nods.

"See! I'm not crazy." Sam says, replacing back into his chair.

"I'm Thor and I'm.. Thor?" Thor says, confused. "What?"

"See, Sam, you're confusing everyone already-" Tony starts, but I cut him off.

"I'm Y/N Pennyworth and I'm the Decept. Continue."

"Clint Barton. Hawkeye."

"I am Diana Prince, and I am a Wonder Woman."

"I'm Clark Kent and I am Superman."

"I'm Kara Zor-El and I am Supergirl."

"Victor Stone, I'm Cyborg."

"This is so ridiculous. I'm Tony Stark, and I'm Iron Man."

"Peter Parker, I'm Spider-man?"

"I'm Hal Jordan, and I am the Green Lantern."

"Natasha Romanoff, not Romanov, and I'm Black Widow."

"I am The Flash, also known as Barry Allen."

"I am Dr. Bruce Banner, or the Hulk."

"Arthur Curry. I am Aquaman."

I look around, eyes landing on Batman. He hasn't said anything.

"Batman?" I ask, gesturing for him to go on.

"I am Batman. I'd like to keep my identity secret for now."

"Paranoid, are we?" Tony jokes, nudging his shoulder.

"If he doesn't want to, he doesn't have to." Nat shrugs, like it could matter less to her.

I look up at Batman, and he makes eye contact with me. He looks awfully silly in his big suit while everyone else is dressed normally, but his eyes are still visible.

Dark, icy blue eyes. Huh.