eight.

first person - Y/N | third person - various | first person - batman

-

"Is she awake?" Followed by the sound of smacking gum.

"Well, gee, if she isn't awake by now she never will be." Followed by the sound of water running on metal.

"Mistah J, do you to think we may have drugged her too hard?" Followed by hysterical laughter.

My eyes were pried open, my pupils forced to adjust to the bright light that met my now open eyes.

"She's awake, all right." The all too familiar clown smiles maniacally.

I force my head forward, butting my head with his and sending him back a few steps.

The Joker smiles and rubs his head, not at all disheartened by this display of aggression.

"You're a feisty one, aren't you, sweetheart?"

"What the hell do you want from me?" I spit out.

"Just that." The Joker says, lifting my chin up.

"Just what?" My question is only answered with more laughter.

I take my eyes off of his to look around the dim room. There are two people just behind the light, almost and just barely missing the light.

However, just a speck of light can reveal a lot. And I know for a fact who that girl is, just because I know the way the light hits her suit like I know myself.

I adjust myself, and I feel a sharp pain in my left shoulder. They must've removed my tracker. I'm too nervous to look at how bad it is.

"Silena?" I can't stop myself from asking, even if I know that I shouldn't.

The Joker, of course, grins at me.

"Cats, come stand by me. Let the girl see you." Hesitantly, Silena backs up, meeting the light.

"Silena, why the hell are you here? I leave Gotham for a few years and suddenly you're rolling with the fucking bad guys?" Silena bites her cheek.

"It wasn't just a few years." She mutters. "People change, Y/N."

The Joker makes a face. He nudges Silena. "Oh, that's no good, Cats! Tell the girl what you really wanted to say."

Silena looks to the side. "I want to know what you're doing with the Justice League."

"Oh, I don't know Silena, I'm working with them." I'm exasperated at this point, upset that she wanted to kidnap me just to get answers to questions she could have asked while I was very much not in captivity.

"Why? What business do you have with the Justice League?"

"Silena, I told you, we're helping them out!"

Silena takes pause. "Wait, who's we?"

"The Avengers?" I thought she knew. Does she not know?

"You're with the Avengers?" She asks, looking betrayed.

"Yeah, what do you think I've been doing all these years?"

"You're a superhero?"

"Yeah, I'm a superhero!" I make the most exasperated motion with my shoulders that I can with my limited shoulder space. She stares at me for a moment.

"Wait, you didn't know she was with the Avengers?" Another voice asks, and Harley Quinn steps from the shadows.

Silena doesn't say anything.