five.

first person - y/n

-

"Hello, my dear." Loki strides over to me and kisses my head mockingly.

"What the hell? Why are you here?" Bruce asks, standing from his chair.

"No hello? No welcome? I'm hurt, Banner. Truly." Loki holds their chest.

"Cut the shit." Bruce says, looking very angry.

"Hey, calm down." I advise, rising from my seat as well.

"Why are you here, Loki?" I ask, looking him in the eyes. He raises an eyebrow at me, seemingly asking Do you truly want to start this battle? but it leaves his eyes quickly as he smiles.

"To help you. I just happen to know quite a few things about this Undefeatable Man. That's an awful title, by the way, it's a mouthful. I'd much rather call him 'Greg' or something."

Bruce ignores Loki's attempts at comedy. "Why should we trust anything you say?"

Loki throws a look over his shoulder at Bruce.

"Because I'm all you have, Banner. Now get your nerd friends down here so I can start my presentation."

-

"Welcome, Avengers and other superhero team which I am yet to know about, it is I— Loki!" When they get no applause from the very confused and very pissed audience, Loki rolls their eyes.

"Tough crowd, huh?" Loki raises an eyebrow.

"What do you have for us, brother?" Thor says, still smiling but being cautious enough to keep his distance.

"I've come across this man before. He travels realms endlessly, so much so that it is rumored he has forgotten where he originally came from." Loki takes a leisurely seat where Bruce once was.

"He's been traveling so long, it is said, that his material body has wavered throughout the realms. What you see of him today is no more than a ghost. This display," He waves a hand through my reincarnation of T.U.M, "is no more real than he is." There is silence.

"But that's just what they say." Loki shrugs and smiles, standing.

"We shouldn't even be listening to you anyway. Why did you even come here?" Tony steps up.

"Because I found out that the stunning, beautiful, awe-inspiring Y/N was on the case. I can't pass up an opportunity that generous." Loki smiles, clearly joking, but my face flushes anyway.

"Cut the fucking shit, Loki!" Tony slams his fist on the table.

"Language, Stark." Steve advises quietly.

"Because I'm not necessarily a fan of his either, okay? This isn't the first reality he's tortured. All he knows is destruction. The less material he gets, the harder he is to catch. He has control of the multiverse."

"The multiverse?" Clark asks, being the first of the Justice League to speak.

"And of course you're working with uneducated idiots." Loki says, raising a hand towards the League and dropping it.

I take a glance at Batman, who is staring diligently at Loki. In a moment, he is circling the display of T.U.M.

"The multiverse. Thousands, millions, an uncountable amount of different realities— each of them different. Think of any reality possible, it exists. It's hard to wrap mortal heads around, I'm sure."

"So you're telling me-" Barry starts, but Loki finishes, "Yes, I'm telling you there's a reality where you don't exist and a reality where everybody has super-speed and you're not special."

"Damn." Barry nods.

"So how do we even begin to capture this guy?" Kara asks, and I think it's one of the first things I've heard her say.

"We don't. Unless you all know of someone who can easily access the multiverse, maybe we can find one of the realities he truly belongs in and we can get him back to his normal self."

"I can't think of anyone." Nat shrugs, leaning on a wall.

"Yes, considering I only learned of it a moment ago." Diana agrees.

"Wait!" Steve says, thinking especially hard. "I think I may know someone."

-

Steve, Nat, and I stand on some porch in the middle of nowhere.

We rang the doorbell a few minutes ago, and Steve moves to ring it again when the creaky door opens.

"Buck." Steve smiles at the man.

"What the hell?" 'Buck' looks around, looks at me and Nat.

"Steve, what the hell?"

"I just want to talk."

-

"I thought I was done with this crap, Steve." Bucky, who's name I learned a few minutes ago, leans forward on his knees.

"I know, Buck, I know. I'm sorry. I just.. need to know something." Steve says, uncertainly. Bucky gives me and Nat a side eye again.

"As long as after I answer it you leave."

"Of course. Now, do you know how to get into the multiverse?"

"The multiverse? Hell no, Steve! I don't know anything about that." Bucky looks away.

"Do you know anyone who can?" Steve asks, his voice still incredibly calm and even.

Bucky sighs, looking at the ceiling as if to ask it how to respond.

"A few years ago." Bucky grits out. Steve nods, encouraging him on.

"At Hydra. I saw this set of twins. They were young then, but I'm sure they're older now." He says, looking down.

"There was a girl. I only saw her in passing, but I got a good enough glimpse that I committed it to memory. She was on the floor, screaming so loud I could almost hear her through the glass. The whole room started to shake. And this red energy appeared around her, like it was about to open a portal." He looks Steve in the eyes.

"If you find the Maximoff twins, you've got your girl."