six.

third person - various | first person - y/n

-

"So, I see you're still here." Clark says, ducking his glasses to look up at Loki who is sitting across from him.

"Hey, I'm no trouble!" Loki says in defense, laughing when Kent raises an eyebrow.

"Ah, I'm kidding. Of course I'm trouble. I just want to see this play out."

"For some reason I doubt that." Diana says, relaxing in her chair.

"Stop acting like you know me. Sure, we need all sitting here while we wait for the beautiful Y/N to return with the updates, but that doesn't mean that we have to distrust each other!"

"So you speak highly of her even when she isn't around?" Batman asks, turning around from his swindle chair facing the window.

"Of course I do."

"I just thought it was something you only did when she was around. Manipulation."

"The only manipulation happening right now is your mask baiting!" Loki smiles lopsidedly, slowly shifting into their more feminine form. "Tell me, Batman, what is under that sexy mask of yours?"

Batman only scoffs, turning to the window. He knew he shouldn't have entertained a conversation with the God of Mischief.

Loki's lips pull into a pout.

"Oh, you good guys are no fun!" She exclaims, throwing her hands up.

"It's a small price to pay for justice. And we don't usually like to have fun with the bad guys." Kara says, not even casting a glance to the ridiculously attractive god.

"Hey, who said I'm a bad guy? I helped you, after all!" Loki says, crossing their arms.

"Yes, and we thank you. But we didn't ask you to, and I hate to break it to you, but you don't necessarily have the best track record." Banner says, also not glancing at the god and instead at his work.

Loki has no time to respond because the doors open. In comes Steve, Nat, Y/N, and someone else. A man. He has rough brown hair, and a stubbles jaw that is still incredibly sharp. He's toned, his muscles showing even through the mere t-shirt and jeans he has on.

Y/N brushes hair out of her face, looking panicked. A phone is held up to her ear.

She makes eyes contact with everyone in the room and quietly 'shush's them, moving her head so that she can place her things down while still on the phone.

Her eyes hold a certain panic that told everyone in the room that she was on the phone with her father.

"Dinner tonight? Withou- oh, with Bruce? No, Dad, that's fine. I'll see if I can make it. Yeah, I know. Mhm. Does Bruce know about this? Is he okay with it? Okay. When do you want me there? Oh? Oh! Okay, then."

Y/N glances up, making eye contact with Loki in her changed form. Their appearance gives her pause, but she shakes her head as if to rid herself of the thought.

"Yeah. See you soon. Love you." Y/N ends the call, and as she releases a breath it's like the entire room looses it's tense.

"Sorry guys, I have to go to dinner with Bruce Wayne, like, really soon and I'm pretty sure Dad expects us to go to a fancy place so I need to get dressed and put on makeup and literally everything else." Y/N rubs her temples as if it would make her feel better.

"What?" Batman says, and a few heads turns his way.

"I mean, what, you know Bruce Wayne?"

Y/N glances at Tony, as if displaying how displeased she is that they had over four hours together and didn't communicate this.

"Yes, unfortunately. It seems he was a childhood friend of mine."

"Oh. Okay." Batman just nods. Y/N raises an eyebrow, but thinks nothing else of it as she rushes out of the room, giving her goodbyes to everyone in the room.

"Ugh!" Loki slams her hand on the desk. "Everything is so boring without Y/N!"

-

I rush forward, trying to catch a cab. I decided on a nice, knee-length green dress that have overlapping straps on the back. It was the only nice dress I had that I truly liked.

Bruce rushes up next to me, panting too but in his pristine suit.

I don't say anything to him, just glance at him and continue to try to get us—myself a cab.

"What are you doing?" Bruce eventually asks, straightening out his already straight suit.

"Getting us a ride?" I say, casting a glance behind me.

"You don't need to do that." Bruce says, taking my wrist in his hand and lowering it.

"Where's my dad?" I ask, rubbing my wrist.

"Not here. Something came up, he told me."

I rub my temples. Nothing came up! I want to scream, that stupid old man set us up!

But I don't say anything and instead bite my lip and nod.

A black limousine pulls up to where me and Bruce are standing.

"Ladies first," Bruce says as the driver opens the door.

-

I can see the headlines now. "KABILLIONARE BRUCE WAYNE GOES ON DATE WITH CHILDHOOD FRIEND... NEW MRS. WAYNE?"

Bruce gave me free reign of the menu, and if I had any appetite, I may have ordered all of it just to be annoying.

But now I'm just picking at my spaghetti, looking down at it hopelessly and asking it to just disappear.

Bruce hasn't said much either, he seems tired. But from what?

Then a new voice enters the nonexistent conversation.

"Y/N! So nice to see you here!" I look up to see, of course, none other than Loki. Another day I would've been mad. Now I'm just thankful.

I cast a glance to Bruce. I can't let him know that I know Loki. But, it would be awkward to pretend I don't since she just talked to me.

She's also wearing a green dress and a fur shawl.

"And you too, Mr. Wayne."

The glint on her eyes when she says the words tells me that she knows something I don't.