LONERS

Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am young again

I grab my lunch tray, heading to my usual empty table. The earbuds in my ears drown out the voices of loud teenagers and I bob my head to the music. The Cure is elite, I don't care what anyone says.

I sit at the table, my back against the wall to watch everyone around me. I pull my hoodie down despite the fact that some girl touched it yesterday. I eat, paying attention to finishing my lunch. After eating nearly everything, I pick at the slimey side of peaches the school gives out. I never liked peaches. I toss out my lunch and leave before the bell rings.

My dark coils bounce as I walk to my class early. But I make a last minute decision to leave towards the library. I enter the library and I see a few people in here. Some checking out books and others using the computer for research. I head to the back, sitting down at a table and pulling out a textbook to look like I'm doing something.

Sometimes I just like to come here to have time to myself. Plus, I hated my advanced math teacher.

I lean back in my seat and close my eyes, listening to the hot sex dripping from my earbuds. I keep my volume low, not wanting anyone to hear the sounds of Luke Hemmings guitar piece in Mum. I open my eyes when one of my earbuds is pulled from my ears, hoping to see an angry librarian wondering why I'm here. Instead Vincent, the outcast rebel of my high school takes a seat at the chair next to me. Everyone calls him Vinnie.

"Skipping class again, Tia?" He asks, folding his arms across his chest.

"It's Tara. And why are you asking?" I question him instead. I should ask how he knows my class schedule so well but I'm forgetting Vinnie is in my math class too. He just never seems to show up.

"Just wondering." He gives me a smile that I know isn't welcoming. He puts me on edge, looking at me with those eyes and his cocky troublemaker demeanor. I shift in my seat and he leans forward. "Let's see what you're listening to." My heart races as he gets closer to put my right earbud in his right ear.

Vinnie's so close that I can smell him. Oh.

We listen to the end of the song and another song starts. Vinnie and I sit silently and when Switchfoot's "Meant to Live" comes on. Instead of having a judgmental look on his face, he leans back and closes his eyes. Just how I was before he showed up.

I decide to not sit there and stare because if he catches me staring, there's no doubt I'd start sweating underneath my armpits. Well, life's short so I might as well. I observe his resting face, he looks less...intimidating. His loose dark hoodie makes me wonder what he's hiding under it. From the tattoo on his hand, I'm guessing tattoos all over. Before I could even get to his baggy jeans and how they look good on him, Vinnie opens an eye.

My face turns hot and he leans forward. "Like what you see, Tara?" Vinnie whispers to me. I don't want to say no, neither do I want to say yes. I do like what I see. "You know...there's a no PDA rule here. We can get suspended just for holding hands." He tells me.

I want to back away but I can't. We're so close. Rules make it so much harder. And hotter.

"But..." Vinnie's tattooed hand comes up to my shoulder, his index finger tracing down my arm. My skin tingles where he touches and his brown eyes finally meet mine. "I'm not one to follow rules."

An exhale leaves my mouth and he leans in closer. Why do I want this? Why do I want to feel his lips on me?

Before I can think any further. "Me neither." I tell him, my voice as soft and quiet as his. My lips press against Vinnie's. I can tell I surprised him because he didn't kiss me back. Then his lips started moving with mine. My hand goes to his face and I couldn't pull away. He felt so good.

His hand touches my knee and I force my lips to move off of his perfect ones. But Vinnie moves down to my neck, his face hiding in my hair. I fight back a moan, his body leaning more towards me, making me lean my back against the wooden chair.

"Vinnie." I manage to get out, shutting my eyes. The pressure I feel is between my legs now and I wish I could say Vinnie took my innocence but he didn't. His mouth sucks at my skin and I moan at the foreign feeling. He was tender and gentle at the same time.

Once that one moan leaves my mouth, Vinnie pulls away. His face is flushed and the bell rings before he can even get a word out.

"See you around...Tara." He walks away, not giving me a chance to speak. He leaves me wanting more. I crave to hear my name come out of his mouth again.