ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 19 'ᴋɪꜱꜱ & ᴋᴀᴛʜᴇʀɪɴᴇ '

Cassandra POV

I feel like I'm on the edge of death, not only me but everyone around me, I hear them. Screaming in pain. I open my eyes slowly, there is smoke everywhere. I see blurry.

I focus on my senses and realize that I am the only one here in full consciousness. I hear not only people screaming in pain due to burning but above... on the surface. I hear painful cries of loss. I try to recognize the voices, but the fire with the flames prevents me from concentrating properly.

They're all around, I can feel them on my skin. The flames are slowly trying to burn me alive. What a pleasant feeling. I have to get up.

I'm trying. Peel off the wall. One move after another. I get up from the ground, I'm on fire at my feet. I should be afraid of flames, fire and even death, but no. Death fascinate me.

No one in my position could bear the pain, the heat, the death, but I'm not just anyone.

___

Nobody POV

All the people on the square went to see what was happening.

The burning building does not appear as often. Firefighters arrive with their cars and try to put out the fire as soon as possible, but despite their efforts, the flames do not subside.

A person comes out of the flames and holds someone his arms. Civilians are happy, they think it's a firefighter with some rescued man, isn't it? The closer a person gets to the more people realize the missing gear. He was not a firefighter or a man. But woman...

Dark-haired woman holding a young girl, their clothes are damaged by fire and they are all seedlings. But there is a grin on the woman's face. She was approaching a group of people and her heels could be heard knocking on the asphalt road. The girl in her arms was coming to the world, coughing up smoke from her lungs.

"Did you miss me?" the woman asked rhetorically, looking at their faces full of mixed emotions. "Perhaps you didn't think this city could get rid of me so easily. You need more to kill me than fire games.''

In response, she encountered many hugs.

___

Cassandra POV

I'm sitting with the boys in the waiting room at the hospital. There was an accident and Caroline was the biggest victim and it doesn't look very good yet, as far as I know. The sheriff walked through the door and headed straight for us.

''What's happening? She all right?'' Matt asked questions.

The tear-eyed sheriff looked around and then at him again. ''There was internal bleeding. They're taking her into surgery," she answered him and asked other questions he asked with hope and pleading in her voice. "They're gonna do everything they can."

I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose. I survived tonight and there's no way she's going to die. Jeremy put his arm around my shoulders and I leaned against him.

___

"Bonnie, how's Caroline?" Elena asked after she came to us.

''She's weak. They don 't know if she' s gonna make it,'' Bonnie told her and carefully hugged Elena briefly.

"What?" She said confused. I noticed Damon around the corner, behaving very strangely. ''Is there something that you can do? A spell or something?''

"She doesn't know how," said Damon, who decided to join us. "Do you?"