ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 29 'ᴠᴀᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ & ᴡɪsʜᴇs'

Cassandra POV

My outfit

"I told you I was going to arrange a vacation by the sea," I said, winking at Elijah, who was sitting in the back of the car

"Watch the road and don't flirt with my brother," Klaus scolded me in an irritated voice.

I rolled my eyes and focused on the road. "Don't be grumpy. It's just a vacation by the sea for two weeks.''

''For two weeks?! Absolutely no.''

I smirked at Klaus's protests. "As if you could influence it."

I turned the steering wheel with one hand and turned into the next street. Palm trees grew along the side of the road and people walked along the sidewalk in summer clothes. Bars and shops had signs outside and lit up with colorful led lights. The sun was setting and darkness was coming.

I felt the warm sea breeze through the open windows and heard the waves in the distance. I arrived at the hotel which looked good and parked in the parking lot. I turned off the engine and turned to the boys.

"You look tired."

''Seriously? Not that we've been sitting in the car since morning.''

"You could have slept."

"Cassie... just please go get a room."

I rolled my eyes and raised my hands in peace. ''Okay. I'm going.''

I opened the door and got out of the car. I took my backpack and closed the door behind me. I walked towards the reception. I heard the door open and when I turned I saw Klaus getting out of the car.

"You really thought I was going to let you take care of it. You can still order the stay for a month,'' he said and ran to me. He offered me his arm. ''Shall we?''

I shook my head and sighed. I put my arm through his and we went inside to the reception together.

In the month that we have been on the road together, I wouldn't say that we have become closer, but there has been little progress. I was laughing when we hit a dead end in the werewolf quest and he wasn't trying to kill me, kind of. But he found out that it's harder than it seems.

We provoke each other and Elijah always has to pull us apart. Actually Elijah had to calm him down, he should do some breathing exercises. He almost always throws tantrums and then kills. And Stefan has to help him, but he deserves it. I see how he always laughs behind our backs when we argue. Such a rude person.

It will be interesting how we manage this smaller holiday by the sea. I think it's more likely that Elijah won't enjoy it much or will leave us alone and clean up after us.

The lady who was at the reception was just on the phone and so she showed us to wait a moment. I smiled and nodded at her while Klaus sighed softly. "We're not staying here for two weeks."